momkatind

Chrome first startup messed / restart works

I've been using OA free for awhile and I like it much better than the previous free firewall I had, but i have noticed a weird little thing with chrome. First, my stats:

Win XP SP3

Avast free antivirus

Spyware Blaster

Online Armor

Firefox 21

Chrome 27.0.1453.110 m

I use Firefox for my main browser. Chrome is installed mainly for my daughter when she uses my computer, although I do use it for 'second account' applications. The issue occurs the first time I open Chrome after a reboot. Chrome opens, but I get no connection, just a light blue screen. It will do nothing. I have to close Chrome and open it again, then it works.

This has been happening since the first install and contined through several updates. It's mostly just annoying, but I though I would post it here, in case anyone wants to look into it.

Please open Online Armor, click on Firewall in the menu on the left, look for chrome.exe on the list and make sure that it is not blocked.

After that, click on Programs in the list on the left, and search for chrome.exe in the list. Make sure it is Trusted and Allowed. If you do not see it in the list, then uncheck the box below the list that says Hide trusted.