shaun279

Licence mapping failed

Hi, i just got a license from a friend of mine. When i put the license in the activation, it says " mapping license with your computer failed. please check your internet connection settings or contact support ." Am i doing anything wrong?

Please send me a private message with the license key, and I'll take a look at it in our system.

So right now i'm in the Emsisoft 30 day trial and still didn't get any new updates in the past hour. After each update the report says it's already optimized. In the log, it says connection error.

We'll need a Fiddler log from the update process to see what might be going wrong. Please download and install Fiddler 2 from this link (this is the version that requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0), and then follow the instructions below:

• After installing Fiddler, please open it from the Start Menu.
  • Launch Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Go to Configuration in the menu on the left.
  • Select the Update Settings tab.
  • Click on the Connection settings link in the lower-right corner.
  • Check the box that says Use proxy server.
  • Enter localhost in the Proxy server field, and then enter 8888 in the port field.
  • Click 'OK'.
  • Go back to the Menu on the left, and select Security Status.
  • Click on the Update Now button to start the update (Fiddler must be running when you do this).
  • After the update fails, go back to Fiddler, and to File, then Save, and select All Sessions (please save it on your desktop).
  • Send a private message to me with the Fiddler log attached (please do not post it in a reply to this topic).