Sign in to follow this  
lorac

trace.file.stolen.data

Hi,

the above file is showing up on a deep scan, but when i delete or quarantine it seems to return by itself.  Can't seem to get rid of it.  Grateful if you could advise.  Have never had anything get through with Emsisoft on the pc so am panicking slightly.  Grateful for your help.

Thanks and regards

Perhaps it would be a good idea to follow the steps here and post the requested logs in the Malware Removal area of the forum.

http://support.emsisoft.com/forum-6/announcement-2-start-here-if-you-dont-we-are-just-going-to-send-you-back-to-this-thread/

Then one of the malware removal experts can check things over for you :)

We'll need a log from the scan to know what file you are having issues with. Here's how you find the scan logs in Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7:

• Open your My Documents folder.
  • Double-click on the Anti-Malware folder.
  • Double-click on the Reports folder.
The scan logs will be in alphabetical order, and the names contain the date and time that the scan was run.

Hi,

Have tried to follow instructions from Sheep Expert, but having a slight problem, so have just seen your message, Arthur, and am attaching scan logs for now.    Have attached the first log file the malware appeared in and the last scan log file also.  Please let me know what else you might need.  Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

That folder is not supposed to be there, and could indicate an infection on your computer. Go ahead and follow the instructions at this link as best you can, and then create a new topic in our Help, my PC is infected! section and attach the logs so that one of our malware removal experts can take a look at them. Also, if you are unable to perform any of the steps in the instructions, then please mention that in the new topic you create so that our malware removal experts know that you were not able to get all of the logs that they will want to see.