pstein

How to let OA start minimized (in Systray)?

I have installed OA on two computers (both 64bit Win7).

On one computer OA starts always minimized whereas on the other it pops up once just after start.

How can I disable auto-popup?

Peter

Could you please take a screenshot of what is appearing on startup, and attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply?

Here's a link to instructions on taking a scrrenshot if you need them. Please note that we prefer that you save the screenshot in the PNG (Portable Network Graphics) format.

Well, here is the screenshot (see attachment).

However I guess it is unimportant what is currently displayed.

It seems to me that always the last section tab is opened which was selected the last time before exit/reboot.

So OA is not able to stay silently in SysTray at startup but forces always its main window to popup.

On another 64bit Win7 system this is not the case.

So I guess it must be something special.

Is there a (hidden) option "start minimized in systray" ?

Could you please take a screenshot of what is appearing on startup, and attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply?

Here's a link to instructions on taking a scrrenshot if you need them. Please note that we prefer that you save the screenshot in the PNG (Portable Network Graphics) format.

Is there a (hidden) option "start minimized in systray" ?

No, Online Armor isn't supposed to display its main window on startup. Lets get a log from OTL, and see if it can explain why this is happening. Please run OTL by following the instructions below:

• Click this link to save OTL onto your desktop (please make sure to click 'Save' instead of 'Run').
  • Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan will take a few minutes.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two Notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. The first one (OTL.txt) will be automatically saved on your desktop next to OTL, and the second one will need to be saved manually.
  • Please make sure that both OTL.txt and Extras.txt are saved on your desktop, and then attach both of them to a reply so that we can take a look at them.

Hmm, I cannot believe that I am forced to reveal all my installation and software details to get support for a so-called "security" tool.

It should be possible to find out the situation when OA pops up the main window.

Even worse a program service should NEVER popup automatically but only on demand.

Hmm, I cannot believe that I am forced to reveal all my installation and software details to get support for a so-called "security" tool.

It should be possible to find out the situation when OA pops up the main window.

Even worse a program service should NEVER popup automatically but only on demand.

Online Armor isn't supposed to open the main program window on startup. I just wanted to see the loadpoints on your computer to see if there was a startup item that was causing this. The only other course of action to debug this issue would be to get Debug Logs from Online Armor, however if the issue is just a loadpoint on your system them Online Armor's Debug Logs would most likely not contain information about it.