haiku

Scheduled scan & cookies

I used the following instructions (posted in the forum) to create a custom scan for my daily scheduled scan.

Please Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware and press Scan PC in the left menu. Now select Custom Scan. Configure the scan objects and settings you want.

Now save the settings to a scansetting file.

Now go back to the section Security Status. Press Configuration in the left menu and go to the tab Scheduled Scans. Enable the Option Use silent mode for scan process. Select your scansetting file with the open file dialog and press OK.

Now the scheduled scan runs the scan configured in the scansetting file.

My custom scan settings included the option "Scan for Tracking Cookies" which (I presume) should detect and remove unwanted cookies.

After running the scheduled scan (last night) I re-ran the scan manually this morning and found that the manual scan reported 65 cookies, all rated "medium risk".

Questions:

1. How can I confirm that the scheduled scan ran (last night) as a "custom scan" using the correct scan settings file ?
  2. Why were the cookies not removed ?

Many thanks

haiku,

The information you're asking for should be available in the scan logs.

1. Unless I am missing something - and I hope that I am - the scan logs unfortunately do not include information on when a scan was run e.g. date & time, scan type & results; and
  2. How do I configure the automatic action to be taken when malware is detected ?

Many thanks

haiku,

The scan reports are stored in My Documents\Anti-Malware\Reports\

If you're running the Beta version they can also be accessed via Logs > Scan

In the scan selection window is a link 'On scan end' where you can configure what to do when the scan finishes.

Hi Rob -

Many thanks.

I had just discovered the scan reports when your reply came through.

How do I switch to the Beta version ?

Thanks once more.

haiku,

Enabling Beta updates is at your own risk! Beta updates may cause some unforseen issues, that's the reason why we're testing the Beta updates :)
If you want to enable Beta updates you have to enable them in Configuration > Update settings.

haiku,

Enabling Beta updates is at your own risk! Beta updates may cause some unforseen issues, that's the reason why we're testing the Beta updates :)

If you want to enable Beta updates you have to enable them in Configuration > Update settings.

Thanks - will give it some consideration ...