Tinsby

Each time I boot up OA tells me it finds a new network...

Hello,

I have a dual boot system with XP & 7 -64. Each time I boot Win 7 OA tells me it found a new netowrk and I OK it and allow it. I can't get the program to remember that the network it found is on my home machine! I do not get the message when I boot to XP Pro SP3.

Using version 6.0.0.1736 with auto updates ON.The MB is an Asus Rampage Exterme and I am uising the 2nd of two ethernet connection for my internet access.

Love the program and the protection it provides!

Thank you all in advance.

J T

May I ask if you have Online Armor installed on the same hard drive in Windows 7 that you do with Windows XP?

May I ask if you have Online Armor installed on the same hard drive in Windows 7 that you do with Windows XP?

Hello Arthur,

Yes I do, as I stated the machine is a dual boot one running XP Pr0 and Win 7 64. That said, the two OS exist on separate partitions so they are isolated from each other.If there is some interaction between them I don't understand how that is occuring.

Thank you!

J T

Yes I do, as I stated the machine is a dual boot one running XP Pr0 and Win 7 64. That said, the two OS exist on separate partitions so they are isolated from each other.If there is some interaction between them I don't understand how that is occuring.

If they are on different partitions, then the filesystems will be isolated, and there shouldn't be any problems due to that setup.

I assume that your Windows XP and Windows 7 installations both connect to the Internet through the same networking device? Is it wireless, hardwired, or a cellular broadband card? Have you checked to verify that the name of the connection does not keep changing in Windows 7?

If they are on different partitions, then the filesystems will be isolated, and there shouldn't be any problems due to that setup.

I assume that your Windows XP and Windows 7 installations both connect to the Internet through the same networking device? Is it wireless, hardwired, or a cellular broadband card? Have you checked to verify that the name of the connection does not keep changing in Windows 7?

You are correct in that XP and & connect to the net using the same internet connection, via Ethernet cable and cable modem. I will check to see if the name keeps changing and let you know.

Happy 4th!

J T