feckert

Opera Next and OnLine Armor

Am using Windows XP with SP3, OnLine Armor Prem-6.0.0.1798. Down loaded and using Opera Next 15.0.1147.100. If I have OA on, and start up Opera Next, I get the speed dial page and then nothing works. If I turn off OA and start up Opera Next it works perfectly. Checked OA settings and everything is approved for Opera Next. Any suggestions on how to use Opera Next with OA turned on?

Open Online Armor, go to Programs, right-click in the list and add Opera to it (you'll find it in this folder: C:\Program Files\Opera Next\15.0.1147.100). Note that you can add the launcher in the Opera Next to the Programs list as well. Make sure to add them as both Trusted and [/b]Allowed[/b].

You can also uncheck the box at the bottom to Hide trusted and look through the list for every instance of opera.exe to verify that they are Trusted and [/b]Allowed[/b] before trying to add them manually, as they may already be in the list.

Thanks GT500 for your suggestions. Everything is set up for trusted and allowed. After Further expermenting, I found by closing the hips setting Opera works perfectly. So there is some problems in the hips files. Could not find anywhere to find hips settings and if I did won't know what to do. Also by closing hips this also closes the web shield, program guide and anti-keylogger features. It only runs the firewall. So I guess there is some bug in the hips file. Any suggestions how to correct this problem?

Am using OA in standard mode.  Just loaded Opera 15.0.1147.130 which is supposed to be their  stable version. Still same problem. Will only work if HIPS feature is disabled.

I added the following executables in Online Armor as Trusted, and Opera 15 does work now, however it is very slow and I am still checking it out to see why that might be.

• C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Opera\15.0.1147.130\opera.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Opera\15.0.1147.130\opera_autoupdate.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Opera\15.0.1147.130\opera_crashreporter.exe

Adding the following two files as Trusted and Allowed appear to have taken care of most of the performance issues:

• C:\Program Files\Opera\15.0.1147.130\d3dcompiler_46.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Opera\15.0.1147.130\npTestNetscapePlugIn.dll
Unfortunately it is still having issues loading webpages, so I will have to do some more testing.

The only way I can get Opera 15 to work correctly with Online Armor is to add the Opera folder (C:\Program Files\Opera) to the exclusions list in Online Armor, and then restart Online Armor. Since the browser cache is stored in your user profile, then that shouldn't pose a major security risk. You can find the Exclusions list by opening Online Armor, going to Options in the list on the left, and going to the Exclusions tab. If Opera 15 is the only version you have installed, then just add Opera folder in Program Files to the exclusions list. If you have other versions of Opera installed, then you can select the folder for the version you want to exclude.

Success :D  Tried all suggestions above and still could not get Opera to work, Was ready to call it quits. However your last post did the trick. So far it seems to work. Thanks for all your time and effort in finding a solution to my problem. Thanks again!