Sign in to follow this  
pds324

How to undo mistakes in keylogger and screen logger detected?

I am running the latest version of Online Armor (free) under Windows XP SP3.  

I've been running Online Armor for years now without a problem, but I messed up yesterday.  I run Firefox portable in safe mode (green border around the application frame), and also under Sandboxie.  Yesterday, I upgraded Sandboxie, and when I started Firefox portable again I received 2 prompts:  Keylogger detected and Screen Logger detected.  For both prompts I chose "block remember."  That was a mistake on my part, as when I tried to do various functions in Firefox (for example, close a tab with Control-W), I was unable to.  So I realized it was a false positive and I chose the wrong option.  That's where my problem lies.  I searched everywhere to undo my mistaken choice of "block remember" for Keylogger and Screen Logger, but couldn't figure out how to do it.  Finally, I went into Online Armor's Programs Tab and deleted the Firefox portable entry.  Now Firefox worked fine, but when I switched it back to Run Safer mode, again I lost the ability to do keyboard shortcuts again.  How can I undo my mistake and allow keylogger and screen logger AND run in Run Safer mode again?  Thanks for your help.

Were you using Sandboxie when you were not able to use your keyboard shortcuts, or were you only using RunSafer?

I was using Sandboxie and RunSafer; I never use Firefox without Sandboxie.  I was in the process of upgrading Sandboxie, which is an overstore operation.  The upgrade went fine, but upon re-starting Firefox I received the questions about key and screen logging from Online Armor, which I answered incorrectly.  Since I posted the question I was able to get back somewhat to where I was by removing the entries for Firefox from Online Armor; that solved the keyboard shortcut issues.  Currently all entries for Firefox are listed as Allowed and Trusted and RunSafer, and are shown in the bright blue under the Programs Tab, which is the indication that RunSafer has been selected.  However, Firefox no longer runs in RunSafer mode -- the bright green border is missing.  Yesterday, in an attempt to get RunSafer working again, I unselected Trust and clicked on Ask.  Unfortunately, upon re-starting Firefox my computer locked up tight and I had to hard reboot, so I stopped experimenting with that. 

All is ok except I would really like to get RunSafer working correctly again with Firefox.  Sandboxie is very good but not 100% secure, and I always use RunSafer with a program when possible, and RunSafer mode, Sandboxie and Firefox have co-existed beautifully on my computer for a long time.  I think RunSafer is one of the best features of Online Armor.  And I guess I need to understand, in case I make a similar mistake in the future, how to reverse a wrong answer when Online Armor prompts me to make a decision regarding keyboard or screen logging. 

Thanks so much for your help.

There have been issues with newer versions of Firefox and RunSafer, and there are certain issues with Sandboxie and RunSafer. My recommendation is to try to save a file in a restricted location from Firefox, and see if it is able to do so. If you can't save a file in the root of your C: drive or in the Program Files folder, then RunSafer is working regardless of the green border not being there.

... And I guess I need to understand, in case I make a similar mistake in the future, how to reverse a wrong answer when Online Armor prompts me to make a decision regarding keyboard or screen logging.

You do this by doing what you already did. Going through Online Armor's Programs list and changing whether or not an EXE/DLL/etc. is Blocked, Allowed, Trusted, etc.