FillipOzgred

Problem with DNS

No matter what application I use (which requires an Internet connection) I have the same problem:

After 10-15 minutes of using Internet such an error occures:

Can't find IP address of the server using DNS.

Or in Yandex Browser I have this error:

Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)

It is the same. And after that I cannot access Internet at all. Also my network icon on taskbar indicates that there is a problem with network. Only reboot of my PC helps me but after a short period of time this error repeats.

I cannot use Internet, it always blocks me with such DNS errors.

I thought that the problem was with my Windows.

Today I reinstalled my Windows back to Windows 8 (previously I used Windows 8.1 Preview) and I've got exactly the same problem with Online Armor. :(

Also I can add that shutting down Online Armor doesn't help. But if I deinstall it problem dissapears immediately (without reboot).

Have you tried installing the beta of Online Armor through Beta Updates? You can enable Beta Updates by opening Online Armor, going to Options in the menu on the left, and the option for Beta Updates is on the right side (make sure you run an update after enabling Beta Updates).

Have you tried installing the beta of Online Armor through Beta Updates? You can enable Beta Updates by opening Online Armor, going to Options in the menu on the left, and the option for Beta Updates is on the right side (make sure you run an update after enabling Beta Updates).

Yes. I have Online Armor 6.0.0.1798 and the problem still exists. And also I am using Windows 7 x64 for now, it is all the same as it was on Windows 8 x64.

Were the logs you posted Debug Logs, or were they just firewall logs?

Well, I rebooted my PC, turned on Debug mode in Online Armor, then just surfed the Internet and waited until the problem appeared. Then turned off Debug mode, rebooted my PC and sent you the "Logs" folder.

Hello,

Could you please produce firewall logs covering the issue?

(Please make sure to enable "Additional debug info" feature at Options->Firewall in Advanced mode)

Thank you in advance,

Of course, here are the logs. (Additional debug info enabled, firewall in Advanced mode).

Sorry if it is a little bit too big, I turned it on, then surfed the Internet untill dns problem appeared (in the end of log file I guess).

Hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

Edited by andrewf
Removed log file

Thank you.

Could you please do the following:

1) Make sure "Additional debug info" checkbox is ticked (located at Options->Firewall, visible in Advanced mode)

2) Make sure "Logging level" is set to "both" (located at Options->Firewall)

3) Reboot

4) Reproduce the issue

5) PM me the firewall logs.

Thank you in advance,