Mostafa Elbadry

Problem with Online Armor

Two posts later this is written:

Because the problem isn't caused by Online Armor directly, there is no way for us to fix it. The only way to use Online Armor at this point is to uninstall Virtual Box and switch to another VM solution.

And read this post.

So in my opinion OA and Virtual Box can't coexist,  very annoying...

VMware has a free virtualization solution known as VMware Player, which contains the basic features necessary to create a use virtual machines. It does not have a snapshot feature, which is a bit unfortunate, however it does provide a nice and stable VM environment to work with and it does allow for dragging and dropping files from the host to the guest, and vice versa.

VMware has a free virtualization solution known as VMware Player, which contains the basic features necessary to create a use virtual machines. It does not have a snapshot feature, which is a bit unfortunate, however it does provide a nice and stable VM environment to work with and it does allow for dragging and dropping files from the host to the guest, and vice versa.

Thanks for explanation, but this is the (!) reason not to switch all the machines to Emsisoft, sorry for that!

Is this problem known by virtualbox team /Oracle?

Is this problem known by virtualbox team /Oracle?

I do not know if our developers have contacted them, however issues with Online Armor and Virtual Box are not unknown to Oracle (example 1 / example 2).

Yes, but entries in VirtualBox bugtracker seems to be very old without any further development.

Actually there is a new thread regarding this issue, no new aspect so far:

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57001&p=264427

VirtualBox is wide spreaded, free, multi platform and has the opportunity to create snapshots (!):

In my opinion a really indispensable tool for advanced users.

So please, can you contact once more Virtual Box team and/or Oracle to solve this issue?

Thank you very much!

Edit:

Is EAM without Online Amor running with Virtual Box installed?

So please, can you contact once more Virtual Box team and/or Oracle to solve this issue?

I'll ask our developers if they would be willing to try contacting them, however if the Virtual Box team is ignoring bug reports and forum posts about this then they probably won't care.

Is EAM without Online Amor running with Virtual Box installed?

Emsisoft Anti-Malware does not work in such a way that Virtual Box would cause issues with it, so you should be able to use Emsisoft Anti-Malware on a computer with Virtual Box installed without any issues.

I'll ask our developers if they would be willing to try contacting them, however if the Virtual Box team is ignoring bug reports and forum posts about this then they probably won't care.

Thank you for assistance. I am looking forward to read something about the reply from Virtual box team to Emsisoft.

... I am looking forward to read something about the reply from Virtual box team to Emsisoft.

Unfortunately there isn't going to be a reply from them. Oracle has ignored the issues for so long that our developers are convinced that they don't care about fixing it.