vincentpaul

Emergency Online Update Cannot update

Hi slight problem

Previous version no problem in updating signatures. Very impressed with the software

this has happened after installing the latest version and when I went to update the signatures after eight signatures updates, comment comes up

"could not connect to the update server. Please check your internet connection and proxy settings".

Hope you can help

Webroot Antivirus/Firewall

Windows Firewall

Edited by catprincess
Fiddler logs should be sent privately to Emsisoft

One of our moderators removed the log from your post and sent it to me in a private message.

A quick look at the log shows that it can connect to the update server, but it receives a 504 error when attempting to download the first file, so I will send this information to our server admins and see if they need anything else.

Since we are using a CDN (Content Delivery Network) now, we may need to know what IP address the EEK was being redirected to when connecting to the update servers.

Scratch all of that for the moment.

The proxy information in the log is a bit odd. Do you use a local proxy of some sort, or did you just use a non-standard port number for Fiddler?

I am impressed with the prompt reply, used port number 8888 as suggested in one of your threads

The server may have been overloaded as I was able to download the signatures this an hour ago

This is interesting, as the log shows EAM trying to use a rather odd port to connect to a local proxy. You don't use a VPN, do you?