victorhcardoso

CLOSED Shields Up test failure

Hello,

I have Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor Firewall (latest editions) installed on my computer.

I performed Shields Up test at https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

The results were not good: 8 ports were not stealthed.

Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Victor

Here is a mummary of the test:

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2013-07-20 at 11:34:22Results from scan of ports: 0-1055    0 Ports Open    8 Ports Closed 1048 Ports Stealth--------------------- 1056 Ports TestedNO PORTS were found to be OPEN.Ports found to be CLOSED were: 21, 22, 23, 80, 135, 445, 593,                                1025Other than what is listed above, all ports are STEALTH.TruStealth: FAILED - NOT all tested ports were STEALTH,                   - NO unsolicited packets were received,                   - NO Ping reply (ICMP Echo) was received.

Unless you are connect directly to the Internet without a router/firewall type device like a Linksys or D-Link etc, this reflects the status of the router. I presume that you are like most and have this router/firewall between your computer and the Internet. I would logon to the router and see if it is doing some sort of port forwarding and to which IP.

The fact that they are closed is good. GRC probed and probably got a closed response. NOT good.

By default all those ports are blocked by any firewall that I have ever heard of. As a matter of fact all unsolicited incoming traffic is blocked by default or else it is not a firewall but just a router.

Ports are opened automatically by the fireall in response to an outgoing request to an Internet IP but only for the return traffic from that IP.

Or it is opened by configuring the FW to let it through.