DonnyD

Rule for Network-Time-Protocol ?

Does anyone know how to setup a rule in Online Armor so time synchronization works? I know port 123 is a restricted port by default and when I set a rule to allow this port, it opens the port to all. I would like to be more specific but need to know the program name that acually executes...   

It's implemented as a Windows service called W32Time. There should be no need to do anything to make it work. Online Armor is smart to know what this is.

A command line program to play with time is w32tm.exe.

No firewall I have ever tried or used ever needed to do anything for time synchronization to work.

I presume you mean time synchronization to an Internet NTP server like time-nist.gov or time.windows.com

It's implemented as a Windows service called W32Time. There should be no need to do anything to make it work. Online Armor is smart to know what this is.

A command line program to play with time is w32tm.exe.

No firewall I have ever tried or used ever needed to do anything for time synchronization to work.

I presume you mean time synchronization to an Internet NTP server like time-nist.gov or time.windows.com

Yes you presume right! But when I try to sync up the time I get an error. when I shutdown online armor it works.... When I open the port to all in OA it  works....

Try briefly going into OA standard mode and syncing time, then putting it back in advanced mode.

You will find that there is a service "svchost -l LocalServices" started in your machine. This starts W32time amongst others.

I have a corresponding entry in Online Armour in the autoruns section that is allowed and trusted. I did not put it there. It came with the system.

How far off is your clock that you need to sync up? I once notice that if you are really off, the time server won't sync. But I mean really off. What NTP server do you try?

Try briefly going into OA standard mode and syncing time, then putting it back in advanced mode.

That did work!!! Why would advanced mode block the sync??

That did work!!! Why would advanced mode block the sync??

Advanced Mode is designed to block anything that you do not explicitly create a rule for.