Nikilet

New user problems/confusion

I just purchased a 3-license pack of Emsisoft Anti-Malware. The first computer I installed it on is an old Gateway laptop with Win XP Tablet PC edition Service Pack 3.

I had avast! Internet Security on this machine, removed it awhile back and replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials and then turned on my Windows Firewall. I also had Malwarebytes Pro, which I removed today after installing Emsisoft. In addition I have SUPERAntiSypware Pro.

It was my understanding that Emsisoft would shut off the real time protection on my MSE, but it does not appear to have done so.

It was my understanding that Emsisoft would appear in my taskbar after I activated the full version, but it did not. 

After installing Emsisoft I entered my key and then did a scan. After the scan I restarted my machine thinking that then Emsisoft would appear in my taskbar but it did not. I manually opened it and it asked for my license key all over again. It accepted the key both times. 

Also, there were items found in the scan that I was instructed to contact Emsisoft for removal. 

I guess I certainly need some help.

One of computers I purchased a key for is my Dell desktop and that has Vista Home Premium SP1 on it, with Avast Inernet Security, Malwarebytes Pro, SUPERAnti\Spyware.

I also have a new Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 and the same protection as above, for which I purchased an Emsisoft key.

I planned to uninstall both Avast and Malwarebytes from those two computers but before I go forward I need some direction and help on what's going on.

Sorry this is so long.

I have to add another thing which has be puzzled. I see no place to change settings. I hope someone answers me soon. At this point I'm wondering if I did the right thing in purchasing 3 of these keys.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware will not disable Microsoft Security Essentials, and you must either disable it manually or uninstall it if you don't want to use it anymore.

Please try disabling both Microsoft Security Essentials and SUPERAntiSpyware Pro, and then try entering your license key into Emsisoft Anti-Malware again. Also, make sure that you run it from an account that has administrative rights on your computer.

It should be possible, however please note that you may need to add exclusions to keep them from monitoring each other.

If you need to add exclusions, then the files from Emsisoft Anti-Malware that you will need to exclude are the following:

• a2guard.exe
  • a2service.exe
  • a2start.exe
Those files should be in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware