monika

Surveillance - a fair exchange of freedom and privacy for security?

I believe that keeping your surfing habits as well as all other communications should be untraceable. With all the corruption and Big Brother attitudes of Govts it is extremely important that they not be able to thought crime people just for things they might investigate or otherwise legally obtain. Communications in the 21st century is all about tracking your every move to the benefit of the tracker. Whether it be the Govt or a criminal which in my eyes are pretty much one and the same. People should stay away from the Googles of the world and use things like Startpage. You get the same results but all the information is flushed. If you are doing something wrong then yes you should be held to the law but if not then leave us alone. Everyone should be concerned about privacy and fight for the right to keep it. Its not about our safety or that of the children as they always profess, its about tracking your every move every day of your life.

Who is in control of this massive amount of data? 

Personally I find this always a fascinating question. At one hand, the possibilities, when you have (potential) access to all tracked/collected data (wherever that comes from) are tremendous. On the other hand, from a more practical point of view, for your average citizen, who's interested enough to connect all dots and sort through the massive amounts of data potentially available? 

Google Inc. could probably map exactly what I did online when using their search engine. If they really want to invest time in that with no benefit that I"m aware of, then I wish them much success. All the same, the fact that this is possible, on principle makes me a bit uneasy. In the end though, I do no thing online that should raise any question marks and there's safety in numbers. ;) 

Does this "surveillance" make me feel safe? Not really, I hope I'll never be in a situation where I'd benefit of the results of surveillance/monitor, but I doubt how useful it could really be in practical situations (of course there are situations where this can be helpful, but it certainly doesn't cover everything). 

What about: "Germany to spy on U.S. for first time since 1945 after 'double agent' scandal"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2685461/Germany-spy-U-S-time-1945-double-agent-scandal.html

Will us Americans be able to trust Emsisoft now?

Kind of like NSA reaching into (backdoors) of American security products.

Just a question in this day and age of spying. :(

I think you may find that Emsisoft, and its founder Christian Mairoll, have their roots more in Austria.

Also a quote and some info from the 'Who Is Emsisoft' page

Since its foundation in 2003, Emsisoft has been entirely virtual. Our 25+ employees are located all over the world, but work together as if they were in the same building.

Like our software, this virtual structure is powerful and efficient. We have no fancy headquarters and we don’t enforce a dress code. Most of our employees work from home, and all of them love what they do.

I also think you may rest assured that Emsisoft devotes all its energies into fighting malware not politics :)

I think you may find that Emsisoft, and its founder Christian Mairoll, have their roots more in Austria.

Also a quote and some info from the 'Who Is Emsisoft' page

I also think you may rest assured that Emsisoft devotes all its energies into fighting malware not politics :)

Finding this not new but Germany, and probably most countries in that sector, thanks to our failing politicians in office, hates our guts: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2708531/No-not-Russia-Egypt-comes-Middle-East-heavy-list-countries-hate-U-S-theyre-loved-Philippines.html

Will have to rid my computer of Emsisoft, might not find any thing better but since no people from the company replied...

Very sad all ways around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2708531/No-not-Russia-Egypt-comes-Middle-East-heavy-list-countries-hate-U-S-theyre-loved-Philippines.html

You will get a faster response if you create a new topic instead of resurrecting a thread that has been inactive for almost a year. In general your whole point is mood. As stapp already mentioned, Emsisoft is not a German company. It's an Austrian company. Implying that Austria and Germany is the same is like saying Canada and USA are the same.

You will get a faster response if you create a new topic instead of resurrecting a thread that has been inactive for almost a year. In general your whole point is mood. As stapp already mentioned, Emsisoft is not a German company. It's an Austrian company. Implying that Austria and Germany is the same is like saying Canada and USA are the same.

Thanks Fabian for clearing this up.