Add another Emsisoft product?

Around July 19, 2013, I purchased and installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware.  I just read your newsletter about Emsisoft Internet Security Pack which includes the anti-malware program, and which is supposed to be superior in safety for online banking.  How do I obtain this software without doubling up on a product I already have?

Also, I read a thread about a "process exclusion" between Emsisoft and MSE.  Couldn't I just disable MSE? Or even uninstall it?

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.0.0.10

Win 7 64 bit, Service Pack 1

MSE Security Suite

Emsisoft Internet Security Pack = Emsisoft Anti-Malware (EAM) & Online Armor (OA)

Online Armor is a firewall.

You can disable or uninstall MSE, but you can also keep MSE if you want.

EAM & MSE works well together, i´ve used them together since MSE´s first betaversion was released.

But if you have MSE and EAM together then you should use "mutual exclusions", which means to tell both programs to ignore each other.

You are welcome.

As you might have seen there is a very good price for OA when buying the Emsisoft Internet Security Pack.

If you want to "upgrade" to Emsisoft Internet Security Pack i suggest you contact Emsisoft´s customer support.

I´m sure they can give you a good deal and help you convert your EAM-license into Emsisoft Internet Security Pack.

Thanks, again, hackerman1, but I am having a problem with mutual exclusions.  I just tried following the instructions in the thread How to create a process exclusion in Emsisoft Anti-Malware.  In the drop down menu under Type, I first changed it from File to Process, clicked in the white box to bring up the 3 dots, then clicked on those.  MSE was not listed.  So then I changed it from Process to Folder and clicked on C / Program Files.  I found a listing for Microsoft Security Client, but not one for MSE.  So then I clicked on C/ Program Files (x86) and found a folder for MSEcache.  I wasn't sure if I should use this one or not.  There was no folder simply labeled MSE. I haven't yet tried to enter exclusions in MSE.

I just tried following the instructions in the thread How to create a process exclusion in Emsisoft Anti-Malware.  In the drop down menu under Type, I first changed it from File to Process, clicked in the white box to bring up the 3 dots, then clicked on those.

In the filesystem MSE is called Microsoft Security Client.

Exclusions for MSE to enter in EAM, under "Process":

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MsMpEng.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\NisSrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe

You can also add the Microsoft Security Client-folder(s):

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Security Client\ (if you have a 64-bit O/S)

and under "process": C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MpCmdRun.exe (if you need to run MSE via commandline)

that´s "my" exclusions for MSE....

Exclusions for EAM to enter in MSE

under settings

Excluded files and locations: your EAM-folder (C:\Program Files\Emsisoft...)

Excluded Processes:

a2.guard.exe

a2service.exe

a2start.exe

a2cmd.exe