Intel8051

Trace.File.RewardNet (A)

Hello,

Today scanning my PC with the Emsisoft malware and was detected Trace.File.RewardNet (A), located C:\Windows \system32 \ server.log. The program can not delete or send to Quarantine. In  Windows Explorer I can not see the file even enabling the option "show hidden and system files".

This may be a false positive? Apparently the file does not exist.

I'm currently using Eset Smart Security and Superantispyware and both did not detect.

Could you please attach the scan log to a reply for me to review? Here are instructions for doing so:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Click on Logs in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the Scan tab (it may take a minute for the list of scan logs to load).
  • Select the scan log from the list.
  • Click on the View details button to open the log.
  • Click on File and then Save As to save it on your desktop.
  • Attach the scan log you saved on your desktop to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.

Lets get an OTL log to see if this is more than just a file that doesn't appear to be there. Please run OTL by following the instructions below:

• Click this link to save OTL onto your desktop (please make sure to click 'Save' instead of 'Run').
  • Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan will take a few minutes.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two Notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. The first one (OTL.txt) will be automatically saved on your desktop next to OTL, and the second one will need to be saved manually.
  • Please make sure that both OTL.txt and Extras.txt are saved on your desktop, and then attach both of them to a reply so that we can take a look at them.

I'm not seeing that "server.log" file in the OTL log, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Lets try using OTL to delete it, and see what happens.

I have written a cleanup script for OTL (if you need to, you may download OTL from this link).

• Please download the following OTL_Script file, and save it on your desktop. After saving it, open it, run OTL, and copy and paste the contents of the OTL_Script file into the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom of the OTL window:

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
  • Let the program run unhindered, restart your computer when it is done (it may automatically restart your computer on its own).
  • After your computer has restarted, please open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Attach the log it produces in your next reply (just the OTL log, as I don't need to see the Extras log again). You will need to click the button that says More Reply Options to the lower-right of where you type your reply to be presented with the attachment controls.
  • Upvote 1

Hello Arthur ,

Thank you very much, The file was removed with success. At the end of the steps I scanned my pc with Emisoft Anti-Malware where it did not find the file(server.log).

Just below is the logs:

Thanks,

Daniel.

You're quite welcome. ;)

BTW: Did you know that Internet Explorer is set to use a proxy on your computer? Technically, the settings to use the proxy isn't turned on, but it does have a proxy server address entered in the Internet Connection settings.

Yes, I Know. A while ago I was testing Proxy, however I stopped because the internet speed is very slow.

Thanks.

Daniel

You're quite welcome. ;)

Since everything seems OK, I am going to go ahead and close this topic.

Note: The instructions in this forum topic have been customized based on the logs posted by the person asking for assistance. Please do not attempt to follow any of the instructions in this forum topic, as they could cause damage to your computer. If you require assistance, please start here if you believe your computer is infected, and one of our experts will be happy to assist you by analyzing your logs.