G-hot

emsisoft-cleaning utility

EAM 8 hasn't changed enough for Emsiclean to need updated.

Actually, one of our developers let me know that there was a new driver that was not being removed, and they just updated Emsiclean to remove it. ;)

EAM 8 hasn't changed enough for Emsiclean to need updated.

Actually, one of our developers let me know that there was a new driver that was not being removed, and they just updated Emsiclean to remove it. ;)

Thanks for that, but where do I download the updated version? :)

Follow these instructions to post the log:

• Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  • Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  • Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  • A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

That log is showing Emsisoft Emergency Kit files. I'll have to check with Fabian to see if it is supposed to detect the EEK.

That log is showing Emsisoft Emergency Kit files. I'll have to check with Fabian to see if it is supposed to detect the EEK.

Waiting for this da :D

OK, apparently Emsiclean will look for a driver that both Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Emergency Kit use. If it finds that driver, it lists any other files in that folder under the assumption that it is an installation of Emsisoft Anti-Malware. In your case it is detecting the Emergency Kit because that's where the driver is.

OK.But should be detected the correct files for both programs and not for the assumption that the cleanup Utility has deleted both programs files? ^_^

Our cleanup tool is meant to remove leftovers when there are issues reinstalling our software, and is meant to be used by the request of an Emsisoft support representative. It isn't intended to be used as an uninstall utility for normal everyday use.

I'm sure Kaspersky's uninstall utility is just great, however I don't think it's designed for the same purpose as ours.