Sign in to follow this  
malware1

EEK sometimes not fully updated

Hello,

I want to report small issue. Sometimes when I don't update Emsisoft Emergency Kit for few days, after updating, it says that is succesfully updated, but after trying again, it's downloading more updates so it wasnt updated fully.

If you open the Emergency Kit Scanner, then go to Configuration in the menu on the left, and then go to the Update Settings tab you should be able to lower the number of Maximum simultaneous update connections. Let me know if lowing that to 1 resolves the issue.

there is no such  settings under Configuration  under Update Settings not even under beta

You're right, we haven't added that feature to the Emergency Kit Scanner yet. I hadn't realized that at the time.

Since we don't have the simultaneous downloads setting, we'll have to get Fiddler logs to see what is going on. Please download and install Fiddler 2 from this link (this is the version that requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0), and then follow the instructions below:

• After installing Fiddler, please open it from the Start Menu.
  • Launch the Emsisoft Emergency Kit via the EmergencyKitScanner batch file.
  • Go to Configuration in the menu on the left.
  • Select the Update tab.
  • Click on the Connection settings link in the lower-right corner.
  • Check the box that says Use proxy server.
  • Enter localhost in the Proxy server field, and then enter 8888 in the port field.
  • Click 'OK'.
  • Go back to the Menu on the left, and select Security Status.
  • Click on the Update Now button to start the update (Fiddler must be running when you do this).
  • After receiving the error message, go back to Fiddler, and to File, then Save, and select All Sessions (please save it on your desktop).
  • ZIP the Fiddler log and send it to me in a Private Message.
Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to "Send To", and clicking on "Compressed (zipped) Folder".
  • Upvote 1

Everything in the Fiddler log looks good to me. Does the update complete properly if you turn the proxy settings back off in EEK?

It's no matter if proxy is enabled or not, in both cases I have the problem.

But when Fiddler was running and proxy enabled then it was updated succesfully. Maybe should I try again with Fiddler?

I find that very strange. Yes, try it again with Fiddler, and see if you can get it to fail when using Fiddler.

Sorry for late reply.

I've installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware because it's got context menu scanning option and there's no the issue anymore. :)

Thanks for help.