How to uninstall Emsisoft Emergency Kit...?

scottls1

Win7-32bit

Today EEK 4.0.0.12 installed OK in C:/EEK, and I afterwards mistakenly deleted the desktop icon.

Now when I try to manually start a2emergencykit.exe from EEK's Run folder/& Update- it wants to Re-download the entire 156k...!

It also seems that I had EEK leftovers..., from a couple of years ago.

I'd like to completely uninstall... it, start over..., but I can't find an uninstaller... for it anywhere?

What to do? :unsure:

There is no need to uninstall EEK. You can just delete the C:\EEK folder as well as the short cut and that is it. No other changes are made to your system.

In general a huge update like that is realistic, if you haven't updated in a long time. The full download is actually quite a bit larger than 156,000 kb. So if you are concerned about traffic, running the updater will be more efficient than re-downloading a new full version.

• Upvote 1

There is no need to uninstall EEK. You can just delete the C:\EEK folder as well as the short cut and that is it. No other changes are made to your system.

In general a huge update like that is realistic, if you haven't updated in a long time. The full download is actually quite a bit larger than 156,000 kb. So if you are concerned about traffic, running the updater will be more efficient than re-downloading a new full version.

Thanks!- Got EEK working OK!- :D

Deleted EEK Folder/reboot

Ran CCleaner, and deleted Registry leftovers/reboot

Installed EEK, and left the desktop shortcut icon this time

Reboot/Update (3), until EEK was fully updated

Clean C:/E: scan with AV temp disabled (F: has all my Macrium Image backups, and takes Forever...)