dallas7

OAP 3-PC License/Keys Questions

@Emsisoft staff

I've currently reached an impasse in a ticket at helpdesk dot emsisoft.

I am running OAP on two systems with keys expiring on October 24 and November 5.

As it's been explained, if I purchase 3-PC OAP today, I will receive one key.  If I install OAP on the third system today and activate the key on the other two systems on October 24 and November 5, all three keys will expire on August 6, 2014.

Can that possibly be correct??

I am also left unclear as to if I would purchase three OAP today and activated only the two current installs on October 24 and November 5, they will expire on October 24 and November 5 2014.  Yes, no?  Not a big deal seeing they are 11 days apart; I'd like to know nontheless.

Please clarify ASAP as there is a nice deal on 3-PC buy I'd like to take advantage of if not for a third system but to renew the two later on even if both will go to October 24, 2014. 

(No, fellow members, don't post up asking me where the deal is.  I found it with google - so can you.  Cheers.)

Thank you!!

If you buy a license that covers more than one computer, and it comes with only one license key (that is a single license key that works on multiple computers), then each license associated with that license key starts on the date that the license key is activated on the first computer.

If you purchase licenses separately, and you have a different license key for each PC, then you will not experience this issue.

Also, if you want, we can split a license key for multiple computer into more than one license key so that you do not have to use them all at the same time.

Thank you for the clarifications.  Especially regarding the splitting of keys.  But this still remains open:

(edited)

I am (still) left unclear as to if I would purchase 3-PC OAP today and used it later to activate the two current installs on (their expirations) October 24 and November 5, they will expire on October 24, 2014. 

Yes, no?

Please clarify ASAP.

Thank you.

I am (still) left unclear as to if I would purchase 3-PC OAP today and used it later to activate the two current installs on (their expirations) October 24 and November 5, they will expire on October 24, 2014.

I'm sorry, I though that's what I was explaining.

The answer is 'yes'. ;)