dragon

HideMyAss PPTP keeps reconnecting

Hi there,

I wonder why my HMA VPN just keeps reconnecting when I use PPTP please? (yet OpenVpn just works fine however OpenVpn is too slow)

When I look at my Online Armor's firewall > ports setting, I can see "HMA! Pro VPN > TCP > IN > 1723"

I suppose this already allows PPTP to connect but it doesn't

Please help. Thx!

Settings are supposed to be created automatically in Standard Mode, and in Advanced Mode you need to create them manually.

If you switch back to Standard Mode, does it still have issues?

Hi, it's weird that the problem exists in Standard Mode 

When I switched it to Advanced Mode, it "sometimes" connects fine and sometimes keep reconnecting, still wondering why

Please what do I need to edit in Advanced Mode in order for it to work?

Lets try creating an exclusion for the VPN software in Online Armor, so that it doesn't monitor it. Here are some instructions for adding a folder to the Exclusions list in Online Armor:

• Click on the Start button, go to All Programs, go to Online Armor, and click on the Online Armor icon to open it.
  • Click on Options in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the Exclusions tab.
  • Click on the Add button.
  • Use the little [+] and [-] icons to the left of folder names to open and close them, find the folder you want to add, click on it to highlight it, and then click OK at the bottom.
  • Close the Online Armor window.
If you add the folder that the VPN software is installed in to the Exclusions list, then it should resolve the issue.