tanuki8

Anti-Malware Updates

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the automatic & manual updates.  The last automatic update was at 12:32 a.m. today.  Since then, I keep getting a message saying, "Could not connect to the update server.  Please check your internet connection & proxy settings."  I haven't made any computer changes & am able to browse the internet & check e-mail.  I also have Online Armor & that seems to be updating fine.  I'm attaching copies of the last 2 attempts to update manually. 

I have Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 bit.  I have Anti-Malware, version 8.1.0.4.  I also have Windows Defender (Anti-Malware & Online Armor are on its "allowed" list) & Online Armor version 6.0.0.1736.  Anti-Malware's excluded on Online Armor & vice versa. 

I saw the earlier post about someone's updates freezing.  Someone answered about some program & changing the simultaneous update connections from 5 to 1.  I didn't understand the program thing, but I tried changing the connections to 1.  That did nothing, so I changed it back to 5.

Thank you.

Most likely Online Armor missed the Emsisoft Anti-Malware update and decided to prevent the new version from accessing the Internet. Easiest way to fix it (and prevent this type of issue from happening again) is to exclude Emsisoft Anti-Malware from being monitored by Online Armor. To do so, simply add the Emsisoft Anti-Malware installation directory (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware") to the Online Armor exclusion list under Options/Exclusions. The result should look something like this:

options-exc.png

Once the exclusion is in place reboot and you should be able to update again.

In any case, please let me know how things went :).

I do already have Anti-Malware excluded in Online Armor (I was having other issues with Anti-Malware last month & earlier this month & had done it then). 

At 10:45 a.m., Anti-Malware was unable to connect & update.  At 10:53 a.m., I tried a manual & it worked.  It said Anti-Malware had to restart, which I did.  I also restarted my computer, just in case.  I've tried 5 more times to manually update, just to see if it's connecting, & it's updated 2 of the 5 times.  I'm not sure what was wrong, but it seems to have cleared itself up.

Thank you.

There was an issue reported by another user that had already been taken care of. It is possible that your update issues were caused by the same thing.

Please let us know if you experience any further issues. ;)