Winodws 7 Computer Hangs

Datastor

Dear Support

We have been running the product for about 1-2 weeks (Eval copies on 4 computers)

Just this week I have noticed 3 computers have started locking up - it locks up the application you are using and slowly locks the rest of the running application, your mouse works but that is all.

You have to do a re-boot to get the system running again.

It maybe after the release of 8.1 , not 100% sure, we have taken Emsisoft Anti-Malware off two of the computers and it has not happen to them again.  We will continue to monitor the other two.

The frequency of the computer hanging was about once a day, and it maybe brought on when the computers memory is low or a large amount of applications are running, we also use Chrome on all the PC's.

Thanks in advance 

Brent

Hi Christian,

We're having the same issue across a lot of our clients over the last few days. I cannot set Beta updates on all of these PCs - why is the broken update in the updates and the fix not released yet. I shouldn't have to switch to Beta updates to get the fix?

Please advise ASAP.

Andy

Index eBusiness

Christian,

We are getting a mixture of both, a lot of PCs are freezing and hanging like Brent's issue. Plus some of our clients PCs have just died without notice - restarting straight away (not even displaying a BSOD to the user. I've checked the minidumps for those restarts and the BSOD was caused by a2service.exe.

I'm about to advise all of out clients that are experiencing the hanging to disable Quarantine Re-Scan and enable Beta Updates, can you advise if there is a seperate fix for those that are BSOD and restarting?

Thanks

We have 120 licenses in use and dozens of people with hanging/crashing problems, all of them on Win 7x64. Is this update being pushed out automatically to running clients, or does it need a manual re-download?

This has been a major headache the last week.

Quick update: We just released a fix for the freezing issues. Please ask your customers to run an online update to get the fix.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this bug may have caused you.

Fabian, can you comment on what version of the software provides the fix? We also have multiple clients experiencing this issue. Thanks.

Also, there seems to be a correlation between this and the users getting the latest .NET Framework (4.0) security updates? Is that also part of the issue? I apologize for the multiple posts. Should have gotten all my questions together beforehand.

No. There are no correlations with other updates.

Just run the online update. If it says it is up to date, it is. You can also check the sign date of the a2service.exe. If it was signed on August 22nd, you have the correct version.

What if we can't run the online update? It keeps timing out. Is there a way to manually download and install the patch?