Emsisoft 8 & Avast Free Antivirus

bubl8015

Hi:  I have the Paid Emsisoft Version 8 & Free Avast Antivirus + Malwarebytes Pro.  I notice on my Lenovo G780 a noticeable boot up lag with all these running.  I am sure they are doing there job - but do I need all of them??  I of course would keep your product but my question is Avast.  I know its free but maybe having 3 running can cause problems. 

Also - when I bought the Emsisoft  I got Sticky Password with it - I am running Internet Explorer 10 and notice sometimes passwords don't get filled all the time.  Should I use a different browser??  Also, one last question - when I go to www.amazon.com I get logged in.  Then when I search for things I have to keep logging back in all the time.  I have my cookies set in IE to save all the time and not delete upon exiting.  Is there something in Emsisoft or Online Armour I have to edit to correct this - Thanks Dave

I would recommend only having two programs with real-time protection, however you may be able to resolve some of the performance issues by adding exclusions.

Here are instructions on how to add processes to the whitelist in Emsisoft Anti-Malware:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the icon on the desktop.
  • Click Guard in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the File Guard tab.
  • In the lower-left corner, just above Alerts, click on the Manage whitelist link.
  • In the box under Type click the little down arrow and change it from File to Process (you may need to click in the box for the arrow appear).
  • Click in the white box below Item to make a button with three dots (...) appear, and then click the ... button.
  • Navigate to the directory where the files you wish to exclude are located, and double-click on one of them to add it.
  • Repeat the last 3 steps as needed to add each file to the exclusions list.
  • Click the OK button at the bottom when done, and close Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
I do know which files from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware you should add, so I will list them below:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
There are some other applications in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware folder that don't need to be added, however you can add them anyway if you want to.

As for avast!, I do not know what files would need to be added for current versions. I have that information for version 6, but not for anything newer, and I know that avast! has changed enough since version 6 that the information is no longer valid.