fluid

Exclude Firefox from Host blocking?

Hi! I'm new to Esmisoft and I can't seem to find a way to exclude Firefox from the host blocking portion of the "Guard". I want traffic to be scanned for malware, but all the ad and tracker stuff I have plenty of that in Firefox itself via extentions and its annoying to constantly make accept rules for all the thousands of evil privacy stealing companies out there.

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

I see, so is there a way to keep host blocking enabled but exclude Firefox (eg exclude an individual app)? I like the host blocking, I just don't need it for Firefox and its a pain to enable every blocked host.

Thanks!.

... so is there a way to keep host blocking enabled but exclude Firefox ...

Yes, there is.

Here are instructions on how to add a process to the whitelist in Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and you will not that when you add it you have the options to the right to select which Guards the exclusion is to apply to:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the icon on the desktop.
  • Click Guard in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the File Guard tab.
  • In the lower-left corner, just above Alerts, click on the Manage whitelist link.
  • In the box under Type click the little down arrow and change it from File to Process (you may need to click in the box for the arrow appear).
  • Click in the white box below Item to make a button with three dots (...) appear, and then click the ... button.
  • Navigate to the directory where the files you wish to exclude are located, and double-click on one of them to add it.
  • Repeat the last 3 steps as needed to add each file to the exclusions list.
  • Click the OK button at the bottom when done, and close Emsisoft Anti-Malware.