pna

oaui.exe-application error

i have been using without any problems for a long time

emsisoft and online armour without any problems.

Now it shows on starting up every time the following error.

oaui.exe-application error

The instruction at 0x5b22406 reference memory at 0x0000072. The memory could not be written.

Click OK to terminate the program

why is this so and how to I fix this irritating problem.

thanks

Part of a wider problem I have, and I started a thread on recently. I too had exactly the same error message though I only saw it once.

My suspicions now are one of the windows update patches, which I carefully manage using the advice from the paid version of the Windows Secrets Newsletter. I suspect a new version of Microsoft Security Essentials, but could easily be wrong. I have just sent log files and debug notes to support, and we will see what they come up with. Maybe their news applies to you.

Ilowe

I've also run into the same issue although I don't get the oaui.exe-application error every time the system is booted but only happend on the first time...

Since then each subsequent boot shows an Emsisoft screen reporting "Error - Can not start Online Armour service" however when I check the services they do seem to be loaded and I then manually run a file called 'oaui.exe' in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Online Armor\  folder which seems to bring back the task bar icon and all 'seems' to be running ok

I noticed in another thread Emsisoft reported they are working hard on an updated version but I'm not sure if it's to fix this issue or not, hopefully so.

many thanks for some guidance and info.

would it be advisable to un-install Microsoft Essentials and maybe this might solve the problem.

any input appreciated.

We do have a newer beta version of Online Armor, so if you can enable Beta Updates and run an update in Online Armor then you can see if it resolves the issue.

Enabled beta version as suggested but now the boot up takes 20 minutes before I can log in and access the laptop.

but the oaui.exe box does not appear on boot up now.

any suggestions please. thks

Enabled beta version as suggested but now the boot up takes 20 minutes before I can log in and access the laptop.

but the oaui.exe box does not appear on boot up now.

any suggestions please. thks

Hi pna,

Please see GT500's instructions for excluding MSE in this post http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/12389-xp-updates-no-icons-online-armor-causing-the-problem/#entry87916. Most likely the MSE update mentioned there is also the cause of your issue.

When I came into the office this morning my PC took around 20min to boot up but did say applying updates as we installed around 16 MS updates on Friday so am not sure IF the delay was due to only the MS updates or a conflict as per the link catprincess posted :-)

However when I eventually logged into Windows the Emsisoft firewall was loaded and working 100%, no more error this morning, so I'm not sure if the MS updates might have fixed an issue OR if the latest Emsisoft automatic update might have fixed it but no errors were received this time round.

I have since performed all the exclusion rules in both Emsisoft and MSE as suggested and rebooted the system and all is booting up fine now but still not 100% sure what has fixed the issue as there unfortunately a number of updates/changes made to the system with various automatic updates on Friday night. 

Thanks for the post and details all looking good :-)

Un-installed MSE altogether and Now it is working perfectly after re-boot and

presume the Main cause was MSE conflictions or the last updates which were released by them.

Annoying problem resolved and thank all of you for your quick response and timely help.

regards