Marantz

Restart loop - XP Online Armor 6.0.0.1736

Hello All,

I've been using online armor for many years on my work laptops without issue, so have had excellent experiences with OA suites over many years..

Two days ago, I install online armor firewall (free) 6.0.0.1736, on my home windows XP machine (also running MSE). OA asked me to select permissions for auto-run executable's etc.Upon restarting the machine asrequired, the machine has gotten stuck in a reboot loop. No other software was installed during the same session.

I would like some advice on how to uninstall the firewall until I can find the root of the problem (I still only trust OA firewalls only). or disable it temporarily.

Let me be clear, the machine boots to the windows with the XP (Professional) loading bar, then continually reboots. I cannot get through to the login screen.

Many thanks,

Marantz.

Our developers have determined that this issue is most likely due to an update to Microsoft Security Essentials, and we recommend adding exclusions to Microsoft Security Essentials for Online Armor, and vice versa.

To create an exclusion in Microsoft Security Essentials, please follow these instructions (note that you may need to restart your computer in Safe Mode before doing this, and you can find instructions for that at this link):

• Open Microsoft Security Essentials.
  • Go to the Settings tab.
  • Select Excluded processes from the menu on the left.
  • Click the Add button on the right.
  • Using the little [+] and [-] buttons to the left of folder names to open and close them, navigate to the Online Armor folder, select the file you wish to exclude, and click OK to add it.
  • Repeat the last two steps until you have added each of the following files:
    • oacat
    • oahlp
    • oasrv
    • oaui
  • Be sure to click the Save changes button in the lower-right corner when all of the files have been added.
Please note that the Online Armor folder should be as follows:

C:\Program Files\Online Armor

On 64-bit editions of Windows, it will be a bit different:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Online Armor

Here are instructions to add Microsoft Security Essentials to the exclusions in Online Armor (be sure to restart your computer if it is running in Safe Mode, as Online Armor will not run in Safe Mode):

• Open Online Armor.
  • Go to Options in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the Exclusions tab.
  • Click on the Add button.
  • Using the little [+] and [-] buttons to the left of folder names to open and close them, navigate to the Microsoft Security Essentials folder, click on the folder to select it, and click OK to add it.
  • Be sure that the option to also exclude subfolders is selected before closing Online Armor.
The Microsoft Security Essentials should be in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files\Common Files, and it may be named Microsoft Security Client.