I am looking at possibly dropping Comodo Internet Security Premium, and installing Online Armor Free and Avast Antivirus Free (v8).

Priot to using CIS, I had tried to use OA and Avast together, BUT, apparently installing Avast FIRST caused issues with OA.

Am I correct in assuming that maybe I should have install ed OA FIRST?

PLEASE, any help here would be GREATLY appreciated.

Online Armor runs a Learning Mode after being installed, so it would be best if avast! was installed first. Note that you may need to disable avast! while installing Online Armor, and then create exclusions if there are any problems after the install is finished.

A few months ago Avira Free was not updating, either automatically or manually, so I uninstalled it and tried Avast. I had a steep learning curve. My emailer was blocked and it was Avast and its SSL monitoring which needed turning off (took a few hours to work that out). Then I found I was getting the BSOD, solved by 3 reboots in fast succession. So I uninstalled Avast and -- against advice -- did not do this under Safe mode. I tried Avast trace remover I think, and should have followed advice to use Safe mode. I ended up having to clean up the mess using registry cleaners.

If you try avast, be ready to use Safe mode. Also, the free Appremover may help to remove traces of previous security products.

A few months ago Avira Free was not updating, either automatically or manually, so I uninstalled it and tried Avast. I had a steep learning curve. My emailer was blocked and it was Avast and its SSL monitoring which needed turning off (took a few hours to work that out). Then I found I was getting the BSOD, solved by 3 reboots in fast succession. So I uninstalled Avast and -- against advice -- did not do this under Safe mode. I tried Avast trace remover I think, and should have followed advice to use Safe mode. I ended up having to clean up the mess using registry cleaners.

If you try avast, be ready to use Safe mode. Also, the free Appremover may help to remove traces of previous security products.

When I last used Avast, I did follow ALL recommended removal techniques, including safe mode as well as using a tool specifically for removing all traces of it. The only thing is if I do try Avast again, I will have to configure it to ONLY update virus defs, and not the program. In other words stick with v8.x, as I DO NOT like what they did to the interface for upcoming v9. Reminds me WAY too much of my old EGA monitor days. :blink:  I think it is just plain UGLY. I may even see if I can find old version 7 maybe. But 9 is a NO GO here. The "flat interface style" used to be known as Metro is flat ugly. :D