Sign in to follow this  
munty

Commandline scanner

Hi,

I have downloaded and setup the A2cmd onto my usb stick. Now what I am trying to do is set it so that it will update and then scan the memory of the machine it is connected to and then scan just the usb stick itself. I have looked and cant seem to find the option to just scan the usb stick itself.

Am I being blind or cant you specify to only scan the removable drives as I dont necessarily know what drive letter will be assigned to the stick when I use it in someone elses machine.

This is to prove to people, that "my" stick is clean currently of virii.

any assistance greatly appreciated.

Munty

How about using a variable to do this? You can create a batch file that includes the following:

@echo off

set /p USBDRIVE=Please type the drive letter of the A2 USB Drive e.g. E:

a2cmd /f=%USBDRIVE%

plus any other parameters you wish to include.

You will then be prompted for the drive letter of the USB drive when you start the batch file which will then be passed to the commandline scanner.

Hi Guys

Welcome to the forum, Munty,

H_D, the batch that you suggested will work... but you most likely have a2cmd.exe in its default location on the hard drive.

Can you please try to rename a2cmd.exe and the batch will not work. At least here it doesn't

The location of the scanner that is located on USB should be explicitly written in the batch as well.

For example, if running just from the command prompt:

Considering the location of the a2cmd.exe the command will look like it's depicted on the attached image

So basically with the small addition to H_D's batch it works here with the following:

@echo off
set /p USBDRIVE=Please type the drive letter of the A2 USB Drive e.g. E:
%USBDRIVE%\PortableApps\a2_Stick\a2cmd /f=%USBDRIVE%

Sure you don't need "\PortableApps\a2_Stick\" part or alike if a2cmd is residing in the root directory

My regards

P.S. Just aside note:

Munty, if you are using the scanning of USB devices at home you better assign permanent letters to your devices... you'll have less troubles ;)

thanks for the replies so far guys much appreciated.

What i am trying to do is have it so that the av will automatically update and then scan the drive, without any user interaction if at all possible.

If I can get it to work, then I will be able to pass it onto my bosses, who are potentially looking to sell something like this to a customer. And they would require a proper licenced product.

other av's i have been looking at appear to have an option like /remdrives so that i can force scan the removable drives.

thanks once again!