Possible to move OA config files to new HD ?

67stang

The drive I've been using has gotten really slow & flakey so I've been setting up a new drive. Just reloaded OA on it and was wondering if there is any way to transfer all of the configuration files to the new drive so I don't have to go through the process of telling OA what is ok to access the net , etc.

Fresh install of XP w/SP2 , SP3 and all subsequent updates.

67stang

In OA - Go to Options, then the Backup/Restore tab and click the Backup button. Select a location for the backup file (a USB stick would probably be best for what you're planning).

Then, on the new installation, follow the same procedure but use the Restore button and select the file you backed up.

Well, I right clicked on the OA icon in the system tray, then clicked on Configuration . On the "Options" page, clicked on the

"Backup/Restore" tab and it returns a message that " Sorry, this page is disabled in free version ". Clicked on the License

tab and clicked "Show License" and it returns  the license / key that was issued when I updated to a 3-PC pack license.

So, what's going on ????!!!!!

67stang

Well, I right clicked on the OA icon in the system tray, then clicked on Configuration . On the "Options" page, clicked on the

"Backup/Restore" tab and it returns a message that " Sorry, this page is disabled in free version ". Clicked on the License

tab and clicked "Show License" and it returns  the license / key that was issued when I updated to a 3-PC pack license.

So, what's going on ????!!!!!

Try clicking the link to activate another key, and see if reactivating with your license key resolves the issue.

Please uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and then download Emsiclean from this link (be sure to save it on your desktop), and follow the instructions below to get me a log:

• Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  • Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  • Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  • A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.