joanolo

a2cmd.exe /update will always download 0 KB

Using: CommandLine Scanner 8.1.0.3

a2cmd.exe /update does not complaint about anything, but every time we run it we get the "0 KB" donwloads.

By checking the "Signatures" folder, we find out that there are no new signatures since we installed the program (about a week ago). The only file whose date is recent is the one called "a2vers.dat".

I do not think this is normal. When we used version 5.x, there wasn't a single day without updates; so I think that a2cmd is somehow missconfigured and decides (wrongly) not to update itself.

Your forum profile says your operating system is Windows 2008 R2 x64. I take it that this is the operating system of the computer you are having the issue on? A quick check of our system for your e-mail address shows a license for the Emsisoft Commandline Scanner, but it isn't a license for use on servers, so if this is the license that you are trying to use then that explains what is going on.

I'm going to send you a private message to confirm the license key, and we'll go from there.