Sign in to follow this  
OOmatrixOO

can not enable web shield

I have attached a ZIP archive to this message called check_oa_services.zip which contains a batch file with the same name. Please follow these instructions to run that batch file:

• Save the check_oa_services file on your desktop.
  • Extract the check_oa_services file.
  • Run the batch file that was inside it (if you are using Windows 8, Windows 7, or Vista please right-click on it and select to Run as administrator).
  • When it is done, attach the file C:\oa_service_status_log to a reply for me to review (you can use the More Reply Options button in the lower-right to access the attachment controls).

The OANET driver appears to be installed correctly. Have you installed all of the Windows Updates for Windows 8.1? There was an issue with the NDIS driver that came with Windows 8.1 which was fixed in an update on or around October 18th.

We'll probably need some logs to see what the problem is. Please open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode, restart your computer, and then try reproducing your problem with not being able to activate the Web Shield. After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to a website such as RapidShare/DepositFiles/BayFiles/etc (which one you use is up to you), and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Note that RapidShare and BayFiles have been having issues lately, and we may not be able to download the files from them. If you have DropBox, Google Cloud Storage, or Microsoft SkyDrive then those services would be more reliable. Also, you can attach files to private messages on these forums, and I would believe the limit is up to 128MB, so if the file is smaller than 128MB then you can just attach it to a private message to me on these forums.

Whats the problem with the fix?

I hate to say it, but the problem is most likely time. Our developers will get it done as soon as they can. ;)

I hate to say it, but the problem is most likely time. Our developers will get it done as soon as they can. ;)

A lot of time has already passed. Here, since apparently nothing happens, I have to uninstall OA well. Too bad, but with support and help I understand something else.

I understand if you need to uninstall OA, and hopefully once the issue is finally fixed you will be able to continue using it.