MHM

problem with [email protected]@@k

Hi

for installing emsisoft anti-malware I use emergency kit. it find some malware and when I want to delete them it work for other but for [email protected]@@k no and Emergency kit can't quarantine it.

I have some games & I don't know if they cause it or no.

is it a risky malware?

is any way to remove it?

can I install anti-malware without removeing it?

I have important softwares and I don't want to reinstall my OS(windows 7-64 bit).

Could you please attach the log from the scan to a reply so that I can take a look at it?

The Emergency Kit saves logs in its 'Reports' folder, which you can usually find in C:\EEK\Run\Reports

Based on what I am reading from a quick Google search, this [email protected]@@k.dll file appears to be a keylogger.

Lets use Emsisoft BlitzBlank to delete it. Please download Emsisoft BlitzBlank from this link, and be sure to save it on your desktop.

Please also download the attached BlitzBlank_Script.txt file, and save it on your desktop as well, then follow the instructions below:

• Launch the Emsisoft BlitzBlank that you saved on your desktop.
  • When it warns you that BlitzBlank is intended to be used by experts or with expert guidance, go ahead and click the 'OK' button.
  • In the middle near the top you will see 4 small icons. Click the one on the left that sort of looks like a little folder with a piece of paper sticking out of it, and open the BlitzBlank_Script file you had saved on your desktop to load it into BlitzBlank.
  • Click the "Execute Now" button in the lower-right hand corner to process the removal script.
  • Your computer will need to be restarted to complete the removal process, so please allow BlitzBlank to restart your computer when it asks.

Hi

thank you

But there is a problem. the file just contain "Delete file:" and the program show a error "Syntax eror in line 3,Missing file".

Should I add  virus address to the file?

What Should I Do?

You can add the full path to the file to be deleted to the BlitzBlank script if it is missing. We can also use a third-party utility to delete the files, such as OTL, if you have issues with BlitzBlank.

It's considered a 'trace', so it would be detected by a Quick Scan, so it needs to be deleted before you can install successfully. Lets just use OTL to delete it.

I have written a cleanup script for OTL (if you need to, you may download OTL from this link).

• Please download the following OTL_Script file, and save it on your desktop. After saving it, open it, run OTL, and copy and paste the contents of the OTL_Script file into the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom of the OTL window:

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
  • Let the program run unhindered, restart your computer when it is done (it may automatically restart your computer on its own).
  • After your computer has restarted, please open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Attach the log it produces in your next reply (just the OTL log, as I don't need to see the Extras log again). You will need to click the button that says More Reply Options to the lower-right of where you type your reply to be presented with the attachment controls.

Hey,

I had the same problem with [email protected]@@k.dll. Maybe catched with trainer for game (duke nukem forever).

No file on location, but always alerts by Emsisoft Anti-Malware (but no by other antivirus software).

Scanned registry manually, hdd manually and so on.. nothing found.

With OTL and OTL-script I could solve the problem.

Now Emsisoft Anti-Malware find nothings anymore.

Thanks!

[P.S. Process was a little bit complicated; not for all users. Maybe Emsisoft Anti-Malware could solve such problems for its own soon!?]

[P.S. Process was a little bit complicated; not for all users. Maybe Emsisoft Anti-Malware could solve such problems for its own soon!?]

Well, if anyone experiences the issue again, we can get a Cleaning Engine Debug Log which I can send to our developers. ;)