Nikilet

Could Emsisoft be responsible for my Internet problems?

I'm wondering if there have been any updates, anything that has changed which would affect my Internet abilities and responsiveness. It seems like there are boxes popping up all the time, telling me that Emsi has detected an attempt to connect to something that they have blocked. It's never anything I recognise, but they've really been numerous lately. My Internet usage is really pretty limited as far as sites I use. I am not into chat rooms or any of that stuff. I mainly use it for research, shopping, keeping my nutrition page filled in and updated. 

My browsers, all three of them, are responding terrible at times. I don't think it's my computer because I have a new Toshiba laptop which I also have Emsisoft on and I fired that up last night and discovered the very same thing on that computer, which has Windows 7. This one has Vista Home Premium.

Tonight I called my ISP's helpline and they had me run a speed test first thing and it was right up to par, but still my browsers aren't responding and acting right. 

It's taking forever for a page to load, and sometimes after loaded if you click on an area within the site the page will just sit there frozen for maybe 5 seconds or more before you can do anything. 

I'm grasping here, trying to figure out what could possibly be causing these problems. If anyone has any ideas what this could be from please share it with me.

I recommend that you finish up with Kevin in the malware removal section before we worry about that, as Kevin may be able to find an explanation for these events. ;)

That being said, Emsisoft Anti-Malware's website blocking works by blocking attempts to lookup a website's address via DNS. It is possible that you are simply having some DNS issues, which could certain lead to slowdowns, however I think it would be best to let Kevin assist you with that since you are already working with him.

Is Kevin the guy who was helping me on the Malware forum? If that is he I would be happy to work with him but I didn't know if I should post this in that forum.

Yes, he is the one helping you to clean up your computer. Go ahead and let him know about this issue, and he should be able to help you.