trujwin

CLOSED Program tab opens very slow.

Why does OA take a huge time in populating the list of Programs in the programs tab  at the first opening? Can't the list be transfered to a RTF file and then read fast and the addtions or deletions updated to the file regularly. In case if the previous session is closed with the programs tab, at the next opening after a restart OA takes a huge time in displaying them.

RTF files are not efficient for data storage. A database file, such as SQLite, would be far better and faster. So would XML, but I doubt Andrey would want to rewrite OA to save data in XML format.

I believe that the information takes a while to load because it is being pulled from the service's memory rather than from a file, however I would have to confirm that with Andrey to know for sure.

RTF files are not efficient for data storage. A database file, such as SQLite, would be far better and faster. So would XML, but I doubt Andrey would want to rewrite OA to save data in XML format.

I believe that the information takes a while to load because it is being pulled from the service's memory rather than from a file, however I would have to confirm that with Andrey to know for sure.

Lokks like you will preempt Andrey ;) . SqLite is also a good option. OA is a great product. Why such disenchantment?

Lokks like you will preempt Andrey ;)

I won't be doing anything to Andrey. OA isn't written in Java, and that's the only programming language I know, so Andrey stays right where he is. :P

Why such disenchantment?

Disenchantment?

I won't be doing anything to Andrey. OA isn't written in Java, and that's the only programming language I know, so Andrey stays right where he is. :P

Disenchantment?

That was in jest. You supposed in your first post as to whether Andrey would want to rewrite the OA coding. As mods I thought if there was some genuine scope of devolopment , they should pursue with the devoloper. ;) . BTW is it precisely the reason history list is not rectified? So the history log is only an event record and not readable to be imported?

That was in jest. You supposed in your first post as to whether Andrey would want to rewrite the OA coding. As mods I thought if there was some genuine scope of devolopment , they should pursue with the devoloper. ;)

Actually 'pursue' isn't really how we handle that. Opening a feature request in the system would probably be the best course of action, that way the idea gets the proper review, and everything gets handled in a certain order (determined partially by how old it is and the priority assigned to it).

BTW is it precisely the reason history list is not rectified? So the history log is only an event record and not readable to be imported?

I honestly can't remember why Andrey said he hadn't fixed it yet. Since it was only reported by one person, it probably has a low priority, so it may not be a quick fix.

Yeah , I will agree on that low priority talk but not on only one such feedback. Do you mean it is unique to me all these days? Others might not have cared to report that is it..If occurence is assured it is a bug. Each has a use for the app based on the needs. :)  I think getting the already neatly working History List back to order is next to Rocket science.. ;)

Do you mean it is unique to me all these days? Others might not have cared to report that is it..

As far as I know, no one else has reported this issue. It is possible that it is happening on some other computers, and it either wasn't noticed or wasn't reported. I can't really know for sure.