Sign in to follow this  
trujwin

Plug in based permissions.

I use FF 25.0.1 and at site which had a realpayer plugin , OA throws up alerts after alerts  for permissions in for the dlls in the VLC plug in dir in Program(x86) folder drawn inturn from the plug-in container of Firefox which is default trusted. I thought a trusted app is given a free reign. By the way if the first dll is pressed trusted in the alert , why numerous alerts from the same dir keep throwing up? Ultimately I had to exclude the VLC plug in directory which may be not too safe either.

THe site is this..http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html   The links open into the rm plugin loaded site.

An excluded app is given free reign, whereas a Trusted app or DLL is still monitored, but everything that app or DLL does is automatically allowed.

Were the repeated alerts for the same file? Only exclusions apply to an entire directory, and marking a file as Trusted does not effect any of the other files in that directory.

When the site mentioned is loaded the trusted Mozilla I think Plugin-container.exe (Since you guys have not repaired the history list , I am unable to get the exact name) , loads the various plugins from VLC directory. Yes everything is annoyingly permission based and not default allowed after the first is cleared. Something can be done about it. Exclusions of folders need to be kept to minimum with a good HIPS like OA.

In one of your other threads, it seems that VLC is not trusted: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/12939-extreme-delay-while-upgrading-to-vlc-player-211/#entry92330  - [1. (...) I closed VLC player after the default opening after the installation.It is not trusted]

As fas as I know, this fact might lead to some of the issues you're experiencing here.