Has the problem been fixed, about not able to start ?

worgeordie

Can anyone  advise me if the problem of Emsisoft not been able to start,has been,

fixed,NOT just a work around, as I would like to reinstall,this is only problem

on one of my computers, Atom, 1,6 GHz, 2 GB mem Win 7 ultimate.

I have had to install AVAST free and its working well, BUT would prefer to get

Emsisoft back working good again , as I have paid for it.

If its not fixed yet (not work around) how will we know when it is ??

regards Worgeordie

The problem has not been fixed yet, however we have a workaround that allows you to run Emsisoft Anti-Malware by changing the amount of time Windows will wait for services to start. If you want to try this, then please download the attached service_timeout_workaround.zip file, save it on your desktop, extract it (you can right-click on the file to do this), and then follow the instructions below:

• Right-click on the service_timeout_60_second_workaround file and select to Run as administrator.
  • After answering Yes to allow it to run, a black rectangular window should appear on the screen, and then quickly disappear (when it disappears it is done, and this should only take about 1 second).
  • Restart your computer.
  • If you receive the same error message about Emsisoft Anti-Malware not being able to connect to the service application, then try running the service_timeout_120_second_workaround (right-click and select Run as administrator on this one as well), and then restart your computer again.
If you want to remove this workaround, then you can run the service_timeout_delete_workaround file the same way as the others, and then restart your computer.

Hello,

can you please try our last beta update for this issue?

Changeblog:http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2013/11/20/beta-updates-2013-11-20/

If yes please open Emsisoft Anti-Malware and enable beta updates in the update settings. Run a update and restart your computer. Before run the workaround posted by GT500.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is running as expected?

Hello,

can you please try our last beta update for this issue?

Changeblog:http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2013/11/20/beta-updates-2013-11-20/

If yes please open Emsisoft Anti-Malware and enable beta updates in the update settings. Run a update and restart your computer. Before run the workaround posted by GT500.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is running as expected?

The problem is on this computer, no matter what Emsisoft icon i click ,nothing happens,

cannot get to GUI to do anything ???

regards Worgeordie

There's something else you can try. if you delete the following file, then then you should be able to launch Emsisoft Anti-Malware to enable Beta Updates:

C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2hosts.dat

Or, on 64-bit editions of Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2hosts.dat

There is a possibility that you may need to try to launch Emsisoft Anti-Malware more than once, but you may want to give it at least 1 minute after trying the first time, just in case it is taking a little bit of time.