trujwin

Compatibility with XP x 32

I have been using a older version of OA for my XP based computer and since it was having frequent issues with certain programs thought of installing 1866. Though the installation passes of well (I installed to a special 1866 folder within the program files), the program guard and Anti-keylogger is off and greyed out both in the status and the sys tray context menu.I did check the download site and it mentions XP in the compatible list.

The clt test when run , OA prompts for the main program.When the test begins there are no alerts and shows as vulnerable.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

trujwin,

I'm still using XP 32bit daily and also have OA 1866 installed.

Have no issues with program guard and anti-keylogger.

CLT score 340/340.

Does it work OK if you install OA in default folder?

@Rob , Thanks. That did the trick. Before that I had a look thru the registry editor. Though  I installed OA to 1866 folder some components were referencing to the default Online folder which incidentally had a very old version. Not good programming though.. ;)

2. This time I shut down OA deleted the 1866 folder and then clicked the installation file and opted for a new install. But surprisingly the installation folder mentioned in the box is the1866 folder which again is rank bad.I had to voluntarily change that to Program files/Online Armor. Since it is a new install it should try to install to the factory default , while just mentioning that the earlier version is installed somewhere else for reference.

I think this 2 bugs  could carry on to the other OS too.

Yes CLT test passes off well 340/340. :)

No I did not..But I changed the folder name as Online Armor -old when I tried to install the second time.

Bug 3..I have set OA to notify me even when trusted programs access network. But strangely IE is given a blanket permission and it also does not find a place in the Firewall tab. But with Firefox it is ok.

Installing a new version of a program in a different folder without uninstalling the previous version is never a good idea.

I'm certain that will cause troubles with many programs if you try, especially security software.

Regarding IE, is it possible it was already active before you changed the default option?

Ok . My idea was if something went wrong system restore becomes easier...

I can confirm both Firefox and IE , I started fresh and they were not active. As I mentioned IE is not finding a place in the firewall tab even if it had been default allowed?

I don't rely on Windows system restore when there are troubles. Better use imaging software. Check if your harddisk manufacturer offers free tools. Most likely a rebranded Acronis program.

Does OA History show any info that might help?

If i can find some time today i'll perform a clean instal on XP 32 and check if i see a notification for IE.

I deleted Iexplore from Programs . Clicked IE , got a program auto trust balloon from OA. On IE I went to a site , which opens up and after 3 seconds OA puts the box alert , whether I wanted IE to access the net. I allowed it and now it finds a place in the Firewall Tab. But that was late.JUst for information.

I had some issues with 1866 when installed on top of the old version but it has run just fine after a clean install on my XP Pro SP3 (32 bit) setup.

Yes the first time IE was working well with no permissions and relevant entry in the firewall tab. THe second time it did alert but after IE had already displayed the site , and it finds a place in the Firewall tab. But for FF it was spot on....

@Blues , it is a clean install and Win XP SP3 x 32