Sign in to follow this  
MTS

OA Helper driver not installed

OA Helper driver is not listed in the networking tab of my broadband connection properties.
When I choose to install a service and then press "add" the dialogue box is empty.
How do I install this driver.

I have just uninstalled the previous OA version and installed version 7.0.0.1866 from the website.
That did not fix the problem.

It used to work just fine but now it just shows "There are no active interfaces"

It works fine for my VPN connection and OA Helper driver is correctly shown in the properties of the Networking tab.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

When you installed Online Armor, did you see a couple of popup notifications about a driver called TLEM? They would look like the notifications in the following screenshots (click on them to make them bigger):

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for the quick response. It has been a while since I originally installed OA Firewall.

When I installed the latest version from the website I didn't see any such pop-ups.

As I stated in my original post it is there in the network adapter for my VPN connection so I am confused as to what the difference is.

If I originally said to allow the installation of the driver then I presume windows would automatically allow it when re-installing.

Currently the only way I can monitor the conecction status is by using my vpn connection which works as it should.

The adapter properties for my vpn connection shows OAHelper driver as installed however it doesn't show up in my primary broadband connection's adapter properties.

If I originally said to allow the installation of the driver then I presume windows would automatically allow it when re-installing.

It does if you check the box to always allow software from Emsisoft.

Are you using Online Armor Premium, or the free version?

Hi Arthur,

I am using Online Armor Free version.

It's very confusing as I can clearly see the OA Helper driver in both my Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

and also in my TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 which is for my Private Internet Access VPN connection.

I believe the file is called OANet.sys from looking in my Online Armor program folder. Search in windows shows this file in:

Online Armor program folder, also in subfolder \Vista, Windows\System32\Drivers folder and also in Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepositry....

So this file is actually installed and picked up by two adapter settings but not on my primary broadband modem properties.

When I select Install then select Service then press ADD the resulting dialogue box is empty. This is on all three adapter properties.
The same thing happens if  I select Client or Protocol. There are no entries to choose from at all. Weird!
I tried going to Control Panel Programs and Features to check if I could turn Windows Features on or off but there is nothing there to do with Networking. From memory in XP there was but that seems to have changed in Windows 7.

Really hoping you can shed some light on the problem as I don't want to always use the VPN just to monitor Network Activity.

Thanks.

Please following the instructions below to get a log from System Information:

• Click on the Start button.
  • Go to All Programs.
  • Go to Accessories.
  • Go to System Tools.
  • Click on System Information.
  • Click on the File menu to open it.
  • Click on Save.
  • Save the System Information on your desktop (this may take a few minutes).
  • Close the System Informaton window and then right-click on the System Information file you saved, go to Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder. This will add your System Information file to a ZIP archive that you can attach to a reply in this forum topic.
  • Reply to this topic by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply, and attach the ZIP archive to a reply.

Hi Arthur,

I just tried to attach file but I don't see my reply so will try it again.

Hi Arthur,

Will try to upload png's of Device manager and all three adapter filters so you can see that my mobile broadband adapter does not contain OA Helper driver.

Cheers.

One of our developers contacted me earlier today, and let me know that he had taken a look at your screenshots. He told me that Online Armor isn't compatible with your wireless device, and that's why the OA Helper Driver isn't being installed for it.

Hi Arthur,

Does that mean that the QoS packet scheduler is not compatible with my modem either as that is also missing?

I am suprised to hear this modem is not compatible as Sierra Wireless sell a lot of modems.

My previous Sierra Wireless 3G modem worked fine with Online Armor and it was years older.

Looks like I will have to look for another firewall which is a real shame as OA is extermely good.

Thanks for your help.

Does that mean that the QoS packet scheduler is not compatible with my modem either as that is also missing?

Anything that has to do with network traffic in Online Armor will not work with that particular modem.

Hi Arthur,

Does that mean it could be fixed via firmware or driver upgrades or it is never going to work.

I don't understand as my older modem worked fine with online armor and it is by same company. Sierra Wireless

Does that mean it could be fixed via firmware or driver upgrades or it is never going to work.

That depends on why it isn't compatible, and we can't know that without having one of those modems for our developers to take a look at.

Hi Arthur,

Thanks again for all your replies.

I have two choices now. The first is to use another firewall which I am reluctant to do because I like OA so much.

The second is to always use the VPN Tap adapter. That seems to be the best choice.

Cheers.

The second is to always use the VPN Tap adapter. That seems to be the best choice.

Does it work OK that way?