usababe80

Why cant I install other Emsisoft products when Mamutu installed?

Hi eveyone,

I have a registed version of Mamutu installed and love it! However I would like to install the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and possibly the lastest Emsisoft Antimalware, after trying it.

My problem is everytime I try to install Emsisoft anything, I get back a message/error saying, "Emsisoft is already installed". I have never had any of these programs installed, even in the trial versions, only my Mamutu, in trial and now Pro version, so I dont really understand. :mad: Please see attachment.

Is Mamutu and AntiMalware the same program? Why 2 different names?

Anybody have any ideas, as to what I can do. Any help will be much appreciated.

TIA,

usababe80

Emsisoft Mamutu will no longer be developed as an individual product and will cease to be available for sale. Its official successor is Emsisoft Anti-Malware, which offers Emsisoft Mamutu's behavior blocker module in addition to further important complementary protection features. Naturally, you can exchange your Emsisoft Mamutu license for an Emsisoft Anti-Malware license of the same remaining license period in the months to come.

Please note: We will ensure updates of the malware detection routines for existing Emsisoft Mamutu installations until December 31st, 2013 only. After this date, you will need Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Source ; http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/mamutu/

To answer the original question, Mamutu is the Behavior Blocker from Emsisoft Anti-Malware in a stand-alone product. It is true that Mamutu is discontinued, and you should uninstall it and use Emsisoft Anti-Malware instead.

The reason you cannot use both is because they use the same service and driver names, so they would not be able to run side-by-side.

You can not install EEK because it is a portable application.

That's true, but we also distribute it in a self-extracting ZIP archive, which makes it seem like it is installing (although in reality it is just automatically unpacking the contents of the archive to a folder named 'EEK' in the root of the C: drive).