Sign in to follow this  
Kret_polny

2 questions about OA ( i/o reads + excluding some sys dir)

I'm using Windows 7 64b Pro and Online Armor 7.0.0.1866 Premium.

My questions are following:

1. Is it normal for OASrv.exe to have such huge i/o reads just ater few minutes after Windows boot:

?

2. Is it safe to exclude in OA winsxs folder? While it is excluded system seems to react faster after boot. Maybe problem is its hugeness - on my computer few days ago it was 18.5GB and had over 80k files in it( I managed to shrink it to ~10GB).

1. Is it normal for OASrv.exe to have such huge i/o reads just ater few minutes after Windows boot:

Online Armor will monitor every program that is not excluded, however only our developers really know how much data it needs to read from the hard drive in order to do this. I imagine that the number of reads from the hard drive depends on what all it has to load (it does load a database and other information in addition to what it does when monitoring programs).

2. Is it safe to exclude in OA winsxs folder? While it is excluded system seems to react faster after boot. Maybe problem is its hugeness - on my computer few days ago it was 18.5GB and had over 80k files in it( I managed to shrink it to ~10GB).

I think there are some infections that have saved files in the winsxs folder, so I would recommend not excluding it.