Question: Emsisoft and Comodo

bekam

Hi. I'm new here.

Recently I use EAM and Comodo IS, but I have a problem.

Before Comodo displays a warning message about a malicious file, Emsisoft displays a message similar like this (in Spanish): "cmdagent.exe  está intentando escribir datos del archivo malicioso  cav804e.tmp" and the File Location is  C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\Quarantine\Temp\

I have excluded cmdagent.exe, but I need to exclude that folder. How do I?

bekam,

Welcome to Emsisoft support forums.

You can use the whitelist to exclude files, folders, processes or detections.

Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware > Guard > File Guard, and click the 'Manage whitelist'.
Select 'Folder' in the first column. Click once in the second column and a little blue button appears. Click that little button to select the folder you want to exclude.

I'm not a forum expert, but my hobby for the last ten years has been computer security, and I've had all the major AV products at one time or another. Kaspersky is rated as one of the best, but my opinion is very low, and they sell two other clones under different names. I used to swear by Comodo, because it was the best I had found. Then Comodo allowed some files to corrupt my system, and after seeing that Bit Defender was the top pick , I bought and installed that AV. It did no better than comodo had done, and I asked for a refund and was politely given one. I installed EMSI anti malware trial and it found the files causing the corruption, and removed them, and my system was ok again. It has protected my PC's for over a year now, without fail, finding and removing worms and virus's as they entered my systems. In my opinion, Comodo is just overkill, as EMSI AV will detect everything Comodo will and a few that Comodo won't even detect. But that's my humble opinion