Renewal is More Than Original

WarHippy

When I went to renew my three pc license for internet security, it only offered me a price for anti malware with a 25% discount totaling $52.46 

I found my original bill from Cleverbridge for EMSI Internet Security ref #39321935 dated 12/11/2012 for 3 pc's

$49.95 . It contained anti marware plus online armor.

You're trying to charge me more than I paid last year and offering me half the protection. And you're telling me that i'm getting a 25% savings for being a loyal customer. Thats approximatly $37.75 with 25% off the original price for an internet security renewal. Is that the price I can expect to pay when I renew or were you just trying to fool me into thinking I was getting a deal for being loyal?

Update.....

I just noticed on your homepage, theres a special. Three licenses of anti malware for $39.95 USD for new customers. So where is my 25% discount for being a valued return customer? You're trying to charge me $52.46 for the same thing that you're selling new customers for $12.50 less than that. It looks like you're trying to charge me 25% more for being a valued customer. And the price for renewing my internet security software is almost $70 for three licenses, including my 25% discount, and I sent my original invoice for $49.95 last year. You've almost doubled your prices and saying I'm getting a discount, when I'm paying more. I love your product, but I don't care much for your business practices.

Hello WarHippy,

Thank you for contacting our support.

Please excuse the circumstances. We try to make as many offers as possible available for our existing customers too, where they can use their customer rebate level and additionally receive the goody from the offer. Sadly in this case this is not possible, but please note, customers who choose to take advantage of such an offer, will start with 25% customer rebate again as they will receive new license keys. Otherwise if an existing customer renew his license key, he'll receive +5% rebate with every further year, up to a maximum of 50% rebate for a 1 year renewal and 60% for a 3-year renewal. With 50% rebate a renewal for 1 year for a 3-PC license for Emsisoft Anti-Malware would costs $ 34.98, which is a better price than the one for our new customers using the winter special.

With your order from 12/11/2012 you've taken advantage of a similar offer as we have it now. $ 49.95 is the price for our Emsisoft Internet Security Pack for 1-PC and 1 year. We offered three licenses to the price of one in 2012. This year with our winter special, we offer a 3-PC license for Emsisoft Anti-Malware for 1 year to the price of a 1-PC license for $ 39.95.

I recognized you've ordered a new 3-PC license key for Emsisoft Anti-Malware with our winter special for $ 39,95 now. I also found an order from 2011 from you. This means, you could renew your existing 3-PC license keys for Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor Premium with 30% rebate for $ 62.97 for 1 year. (Price for new customers: $ 89,95) If you may would prefer to cancel your last order and additionally renew your 3-PC license key for Online Armor Premium for $ 23, please let me know, and I'll help you with this. Of course we can keep your customer rebate level in this case and you'll receive at least 35% rebate for your renewals next year.

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.