superb

Newbie confused emergency kit scan

Hi,

Just stated using the emergency kit, ran a scan and 9 infections were highlighted 2 which could be quarantined 7 could not be removed. I ran a further scan which showed no infections? confused about this as I thought the 7 that could not be removed would still show up.

I checked the results page from previous scan which conformed 9 in total infections, whats happened to the other 7? can anyone assist in explaining if 7 infections are still on my PC or have they been removed.

Thanks

SB

In general it is hard to say without looking at the report first. Would you mind attaching the report file? You should be able to find it in the Emsisoft Emergency Kit directory under Run, Reports. You will find the attachment options after clicking the "More Reply Options" button.

Hi, Sorry for the delay in response had seek advice on how to find out where the files were and copy them.

I have copied details onto a word document, hope this assists as I am still concerned that I do not know whether infections have been dealt with, system would not allow upload of word document so below copy/paste method.

Thanks again for patience not totally up to speed with computing yet.

SB

Scan archives: Off

ADS Scan: On

File extension filter: Off

Advanced caching: On

Direct disk access: Off

Scan start:        31/12/2013 14:49:26

C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blitware\DriverRobot\           detected: DriverRobot (A)

C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blitware\DriverRobot\licensing\          detected: DriverRobot (A)

C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blitware\DriverRobot\logs\    detected: DriverRobot (A)

C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blitware\DriverRobot\updates\          detected: DriverRobot (A)

C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blitware\DriverRobot\downloads\      detected: DriverRobot (A)

C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blitware\DriverRobot\downloads\downloads.dat       detected: DriverRobot (A)

C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blitware\DriverRobot\downloads\install_log.dat         detected: DriverRobot (A)

C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Blitware\DriverRobot\downloads\active_downloads.dat         detected: DriverRobot (A)

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DRIVER ROBOT   detected: DriverRobot (A)

Word documents aren't good for logs. The logs are in plain text, and should be saved as a Text Document (which is the format they are already in). Text Documents (aka "text files") can be attached to posts on our forums. With shorter logs (like the one you posted), it isn't a big deal when they are copied and pasted into a post.

The detections are from a program called "Driver Robot". I would believe it is what is generally called a 'rogue', which is a program that pretends to perform a function (fake anti-virus software is the most common type of rogue, but there are others) in order to get you to pay the program's creators money.

We'll need a cleaning engine debug log to determine why it was not able to delete these detections. I have attached a ZIP archive to this message named "cleaning_engine_debug_output.zip" which contains two batch files. One is named "cleaning_engine_enable_debug_output" and the other is named "cleaning_engine_disable_debug_output". Please download this ZIP archive, extract the batch files, and run the "cleaning_engine_enable_debug_output" file (if your computer is running Windows Vista or Windows 7 then please make sure to right-click and select to "Run as administrator").

cleaning_engine_debug_output.zip

After running the batch file, please restart your computer, and try your scan again. After Emsisoft Anti-Malware fails to delete the detected items, close the scanner, and then check the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder (usually C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware) and there should be a file named "clean.log" (the files should be listed in alphabetical order). Please ZIP this file (if you do not have a program such as WinZip, 7-Zip, or WinRar then please right-click on the file, go to "Send To", and select "Compressed (zipped) folder") and make sure to save the ZIP archive on your desktop to make it easy to find. After that, please attach the ZIP archive with the clean.log file in it to a reply. You can use the "More Reply Options" button to the lower-right of where you post your reply to access the attachment controls.