Sign in to follow this  
joe53

Problems Installing EAM 8

I cannot install the latest EAM  8.1.0.40, as it says a prior version is installed. This on an XP/sp3 system.

I had previously uninstalled EAM from Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs, and indeed it is no longer listed there. Yet it is still listed in Start>Programs>Emsisoft. If  I run the uninstall program from the uninstall sub-menu there, it opens an "uninstall window" that does nothing. And I cannot close this program. In fact, I can't even shut down or restart this PC.

If  I run the Emsiclean.exe program, it lists 4 a2 Service/Drivers, one registry item (Emsisoft File Guard Driver Configuration) and one Folder (C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\) for removal.  With all selected, I cannot remove them. The window freezes.

I end up having to do a hard shutdown from the tower button. 

How do I clean this PC of these remnants of Emsisoft?

Problem solved. I'm not sure exactly how, but I think that it involved checking the Folder (C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\) for removal option in Emsiclean.exe after a reboot (it is not checked by default).