Game mode

Guest Tempus

Guest Tempus

Hi Emsisoft

How does game mode work. Does Emsisoft anti malware suppress updates under a gaming session? And what about the behavior blocker ? Does it take decisions based on the community, when it's in game mode? Or does it restrict a suspicious behavior untill the game is done? or, is the behavior blocker inactive in game mode ? Btw. I tried to seek information about " Game mode " In Emsisoft main interface, when I under " Help " wrote " game mode " in the Index box. But nothing came up?

Thanks

Jan

Guest Tempus

Thanks for the clarification Christian Mairoll :). So if you have a gaming session on " Steam " or other online servers, and is curious about the background activity Emsisoft does , then I will be able to backtrace all activity in the logs, right ? (if any suspicious activity has occurred)

Thanks

Jan

Guest Tempus

Hi

1. I am a little confused, hope that you/Emsisoft will clear out the clutter in my understanding of " Game Mode " I received a splendid explanation of Gamemode, see above. But I got the perception of Game mode, that it would update in the background, and you will be able from the logs to see the virus database update, that has occured while you were in Game Mode. If I have understood it correctly? Then why can it be, than after 3 hours in game mode, and when I checked the update logs, I find that the last update has also occurred 3 hours ago, and not every hour?
  2. When I leaving Game mode , then I will first receive an update after an hour, recording to the default settings. Would it be an idea, that if your are leaving Game mode, then will Emsisoft immediately "ping" the update server to receive the latest updates?

Thanks

Jan

post-29665-0-43947400-1394903972_thumb.png

post-29665-0-98122400-1394903989_thumb.png