OA appears to block network device names

iondjp

Just started machine and discovered the network drives on my Windows Home Server shares were not attached upon completion of the boot.

So I opened Windows Explorer and tried to double click the drive icons, but was greeted with something similar to ..."the device named \\XXXX cannot be found".

I knew the network was working and the device was connected because I could reach it from other devices on the network (smartphone, other laptop, etc) so I temporarily turned off OA firewall and in a matter of moments the mapped network drives are accessible through a double click in Windows Explorer.

I restart OA, and all is fine.

I should add just in case it matters, I am not running the HIPS features of OA. I have disabled them recently because they were slowing down some apps and the system in general so I decided to disable until I can troubleshoot that too.

I have been running OA for over a year and this may have happened before, but I didn't track it down to his extent.

Yes. The network drives are on a computer that is marked as Trusted in OA.

There is also a light bulb in the right hand column of the table. These appear both in rows of devices that are marked trusted and ones that are marked 'Unknown'. There is no legend, so I can only assume that these are to indicate devices that are currently active on the network?