twl845

Guest Tempus

Hello " twl845"  you did a good choice in choosing Emsisoft anti malware. (But that was of course an answer there were expected, here.. ^_^ ). Actually is Emsisoft, one of the very few Av's out there, that I am willing to pay for. I have been a little bit creative  :D  :P

post-29665-0-06696700-1395069901_thumb.png
Download Image

Hello " twl845"  you did a good choice in choosing Emsisoft anti malware. (But that was of course an answer there were expected, here.. ^_^ ). Actually is Emsisoft, one of the very few Av's out there, that I am willing to pay for. I have been a little bit creative  :D  :P

I'm becoming a fan as well. :D

Guest Tempus

Hi

Yes they do. This is taken from Emsisoft License renewal page:

The longer you stay, the greater the bonus. Annual renewals get cheaper with each additional year according to this scheme: (This discount you will receive over the years as a loyal user is just received if license is renewed here on Emsisoft License center)

1 year -25%

2 years -30%

3 years -35%

4 years -40%

5 years -45%

6 years+ -50%

Most often you can get great offers on " Downloadcrew " The only thing you have to take in mind when buying from e.g. Downloadcrew, is the Emsisoft's money back guarantee is just valid for purchases that are done on Emsisofts own website, or through your Licenses Center. That is what I know hope it is enough ...

Hi

Yes they do. This is taken from Emsisoft License renewal page:

The longer you stay, the greater the bonus. Annual renewals get cheaper with each additional year according to this scheme: (This discount you will receive over the years as a loyal user is just received if license is renewed here on Emsisoft License center)

1 year -25%

2 years -30%

3 years -35%

4 years -40%

5 years -45%

6 years+ -50%

Most often you can get great offers on " Downloadcrew " The only thing you have to take in mind when buying from e.g. Downloadcrew, is the Emsisoft's money back guarantee is just valid for purchases that are done on Emsisofts own website, or through your Licenses Center. That is what I know hope it is enough ...

Thanks for the info Legend. Those are decent discounts. At 74 years old, I hope I stay healthy and keep my marbles 'till I'm 80 so I can get the 50%.  :lol: 

Guest Tempus

Thanks for the info Legend. Those are decent discounts. At 74 years old, I hope I stay healthy and keep my marbles 'till I'm 80 so I can get the 50%.  :lol:

I am sitting here with some tedious homework, and thought that I would check Emsisoft forum,  when I saw your lovely comment. It made  me laugh so much that I almost  dropped down from my chair. I really like your sense of humor, Thanks... :lol:

I also want to say hello without starting a new thread. I have used Online Armour on several occasions in the past but this is the first time I've tried EAM. Was using Avast for several years but is getting too bloated in my opinion..Grime Fighter...yikes. Two of the reasons I chose EAM were a active forum and excellent customer support. I'll be here reading the forum several times per week but probably won't post much unless I have something positive to contribute.  Adios for now.

Guest Tempus

Hi digmor crusher

Yes many security vendors have fallen for the temptations for extra revenue by adding toolbars and so on to their products. Often is the consequence, that the product become more bloated, and that the extra toolbar added, do not improve or add new security measures, at all. It's just cosmetics. Btw. welcome to the Emsisoft forum, there is a lot of nice people and great support to find here imho.  And regarding bloat and toolbars see this article if you what, A Typical Day at Emsisoft’s Headquarters  ^_^ 

As Digmor said, Avast good as it is, has too much bloat now. Not to mention how difficult it is to find some things in the main menu. I had been using it for years, and decided to check out EAM based on Wilders Security Forum posts. Glad I did. So far I think it's great. Easy to navigate, and no bloat.   :) 

Well welcome!

Just from my own experience, I can tell you that I was using Avast for almost 2 years. I say "almost", b/c I never finished using my paid-for coverage after getting 3 trojans in two months. I disabled the software and downloaded the Emsisoft free emergency kit. Then, after looking into Emsisift, I was so impressed with their record, I decided to give them a try.

I've been using their anti-malware program now for almost a year (it expires in 3 weeks - and I will renew), and I have never had an infection.

I'm not naive enough to expect any company to be 100% perfect. I imagine this must be a nasty business, a game of cat and mouse, and sometimes the blackhatters win. I have no delusions. If they can hack the Pentagon, they can hack me. But for the most part, Emsisoft has been consistently good. That's all I ask for, consistently good. I sleep better now.

Behind the org are the people who work it. This help forum says a lot. :)