Online Armor's Firewall Interferes with Titanfall

Vicious

So I'm pretty upset about what I just went through. Titanfall came out recently, a game I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately I was unable to play because no matter what I did I couldn't connect to servers. I called EA several times and they had me run through a multitude of fixes in addition to the ones I already tried.

- I've opened up all the appropriate ports on my Router.
- Connected directly to modem (bypassing router).
- I've disabled Anti-Virus (Emsisoft Anti-Malware).
- I've done trace routes with UO Trace to all Origin servers, they all came back with no packet loss.
- I did a DNS Flush.

- I changed my DNS to Google's.
- I've redownloaded and reinstalled the game on four seperate occasions. (49.9 GB each time for a total of 250 GB was Murder on my SSD)
- I've updated all my drivers.
- I rebooted my Modem and Routers multiple times.
- I've tried Repairing the game through Origin.
- I've run the game in administrator mode.
- I've tried multiple servers including Japan and Australia.

During this entire time, I never considered Online Armor to be the culprit. Why? I made sure to not only download and install the game in Learning Mode, but to run it each time in Learning Mode to make sure it catches all the processes. But when I finally decided to try running the game in safe mode with networking before going to the last resort of reformatting... It worked.

Turns out it's Online Armor's Firewall, even though I made sure to run every instance of Titanfall in learning mode so it would set up all the exceptions. Leaving Web Shield, Program Guard and Anti-Keylogger checked, but unchecking Firewall finally allowed me to connect to the game and play. Please tell me this is a simple fix or do I need to find another firewall in order to play Titanfall while keeping piece of mind?

I recommend adding the game's folder to the exclusions list in Online Armor. Here are some instructions for adding a folder to the Exclusions list in Online Armor:

• Click on the Start button, go to All Programs, go to Online Armor, and click on the Online Armor icon to open it.
  • Click on Options in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the Exclusions tab.
  • Click on the Add button.
  • Use the little [+] and [-] icons to the left of folder names to open and close them, find the folder you want to add, click on it to highlight it, and then click OK at the bottom.
  • Close the Online Armor window.
Origin usually saves games in the following folder on x64 editions of Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games